i was thinking either http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fostex-MRHDCD-8-track-Recorder-with-CDR?sku=247120 or http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Tascam-DP02CF-Digital-Portastudio-Recording-Studio?sku=241813.
anyone had any experience with these? Is the cd burner on the first good or should i use a computer program?
Quote by freddaahh
I just head-desked so hard I went through the floor and came out in Mongolia.
Out of those two I would get the Fostex. But I would try to get something with more inputs. The Tascam only has two and the Fostex has four. Try to find something with eight. Those two make good recorders though.
My Gear
Fender Strat ('97American Lonestar HSS)
Ibanez RGTHRG1
B-52 AT100
Marshall1960A Cab
Marshall 1960B Cab
With the porta stud, since it has no built in cd burner, does it have a program that i just put it on the computer and burn it, or do i have to edit the tracks after its off of it? and the fostex says it has 8 tracks of recording, but i only count 6
Quote by freddaahh
2 tracks will be stereo
jackson dk2 2008
hamer xt sunburst qt
epiphone g400
peavey vk212
morley p wah
behringer pb1000
dige bm
big muff ny
behringer dc 9 comp
member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

£8.50/58fund for a ROCKTRON HUSH SUPER C PEDAL
Quote by hans the lefty
2 tracks will be stereo

what does that mean?
Quote by freddaahh
The Fostex has 8 tracks 5,6 and 7,8 are paired you should be able to split them and it only has 4 inputs A,B,C,D which means you can record 4 things at once. Don't confuse tracks with inputs. If you want to record a band you should get at least 8 inputs.
Our drummer will sometimes use 8 to 10 by himself (prick) but 2 guitars 1 bass and a couple more for the drums (maybe 4 is ok) you can see how fast your inputs get used up.
Check around on E-bay for an inexpensive 8 input Tascam or Fostex.
My Gear
Ibanez RGTHRG1
B-52 AT100
Marshall1960A Cab
Marshall 1960B Cab
They both have USB so you can put the songs on computer and do the mix downs there. Most people I know would record on the recorder and then use computer software to edit and mix the songs. Record dry with little or no FX and add them later during mixdown. I can almost gaurantee? it is going to take awhile to get the hang of it but you gotta start somewhere.
My Gear
Ibanez RGTHRG1
B-52 AT100
Marshall1960A Cab
Marshall 1960B Cab