Page 1 of 2
it might be a better idea to upload the pics to an image hosting site and post them in the forum
if it's under $1000 its probably a fake lol. and yah, post pics on here
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
It looks real. If it plays good then it probably is one.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
Then I would be a bit suss about it. Maybe get it taken to a guitar shop.
My Gear:
Peavey Vypyr 30
well i have looked at it in person and as far as i can tell it looks real and plays amazing i just wanted a second oppinion,
it definitely looks real. how does she play?
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
Quote by xxxkylexx
wow the guys lettin it go for 400, he doesnt even know anything about it

if he's letting it go for that low, i'd be suspicious. try to dig up some dirt on the guy.
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
plays amazing has a really good sound, i just wasnt sure if it was real, lmao im only 16 so i wanted more expeirenced peoples advice.
If it plays amazing then buy it. Even if it is fake you have a sweet looking, awesome playing guitar.
My Gear:
Peavey Vypyr 30
lmao i just wanted to know if it was real, i might tell the guy im giving him 500 for it i sont wanna totaly rip him off lol
Quote by xxxkylexx
lmao i just wanted to know if it was real, i might tell the guy im giving him 500 for it i sont wanna totaly rip him off lol

while youre at it give him another $1000, then you wont be totally ripping him off lol. good luck on that guitar tho, looks beautiful
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
thnx for the pic, that one is in way better cond but for only 400 im not complaining lol
the one im looking at does not have that but that one is alot newer i think the serial number is f325316
1997 - Present - Under the old numbering scheme 1997 would show duplicate numbers to 1987 so the serial number was changed to the F and 7 digits, now the first 2 denoting year of production. F98***** is a guitar built by Fujigen in 1998. The last 5 digits continue as a consecutive production count for the year.

It also doesn't have the walnut stripes on the back of the neck. It's fake
Looks pretty good to me. The trem is fine, its an Lo Pro. Only real worry is the serial number cant be seen to well. The end of the Ibanez logo goes all the way to the end of the headstock though, thats a good sign. Alot of fakes have the end of the 'tick' ending before the headstock, but real ibanez logos go all the way to the end.
well liek i said i dont know if what i said is the real serial number i cnt make it our too well,
and the other thing is tha the tremolo says its a floyd rose, i didnt think the yhad them???
apparently, the Team J. Craft thing isn't on older Jems, but I'm pretty sure that all of them would have walnut stripes
well ill look into that, im thinking its fake tho just cuz the trem is a floyd
Yeah its fine, its a lo-pro. Also the back plate is recessed, another detail overlooked on fakes. It looks pretty real to me.
wat is a lo pro?? cuz it clearly says floyd rose right on it isnt it sposed to be a edge or w/e there called, srry for complete lack of guitar knowledge right there lmao
Im about 90% sure its real.
Its an older (90's model) which explains the 1 piece neck and Lo-Pro trem.
It has the recessed trem cavity cover, 21-24th frets scalloped, logo goes all the way to the edge of the headstock
Quote by xxxkylexx
wat is a lo pro?? cuz it clearly says floyd rose right on it isnt it sposed to be a edge or w/e there called, srry for complete lack of guitar knowledge right there lmao

It says 'licenced under floyd rose patents'. Lo-pro is the Lo profile version of the original Edge, its a lo-pro edge. It says 'licenced under floyd rose patents' because its based on the Floyd Rose design and they had to put that there to aviod getting sued, as well as pay for a licence to use the design.
http://www.jemsite.com/jem/model/jem7vwh.htm

I can't believe it took me so long to find a gallery with good Jem pictures. Should have just started with Jemsite. Anyways...

I stand corrected on the neck. Older models apparently are just one piece. However, the screws and pickguard are still incorrect. Plus the trem still looks wrong to me. I can't put my finger on it, but somethings odd, and I've never seen a JEM with the gold plating rubbed off. That usually only happens on really cheap guitars.
Last edited by T!AN at Dec 7, 2008,
Quote by T!AN
http://www.jemsite.com/jem/model/jem7vwh.htm

I can't believe it took me so long to find a gallery with good Jem pictures. Should have just started with Jemsite. Anyways...

I stand corrected on the neck. Older models apparently are just one piece. However, the screws and pickguard are still incorrect. Plus the trem still looks wrong to me. I can't put my finger on it, but somethings odd, and I've never seen a JEM with the gold plating rubbed off. That usually only happens on really cheap guitars.

How is the pickguard incorrect? And the trem is only worn on 3 saddles and the guitar overall looks well used.
idk man the pics look just like mine even the trem if u zoom in on my pic they look the same just that little bit of gold coming off.
Page 1 of 2