I've been looking for lumber yards that sell mahogany that is suitable for use in a guitar, as well as one that sells maple suitable for a top. I can only find ones that sell crappy Tassie oak, radiata pine and the like.

So this is a question to anyone who has bought wood from a lumber yard in Sydney, Australia: can you tell me where you bought it? Also, if anyone could recommend a website that sells wood with cheap shipping (I don't want the wood to be overly cheap because as they say you get what you pay for), that'd the equally appreciated.

Cheers.
I reckon Perry's prices can be a bit dear, but I forgot about him; if I can't find anything else, I'll go for him.
perry does get a bit dear, but omg thats some nice figured tops
have you had a look a LP Addicts wood for sale?
It is a bit dear, but its the same wood he uses on his guitars, so its top quality. I was asking LP Addict about postage to Aus and it was about 50$US if i remember correctly, so you would be better off to buy from somewhere local
lol yea I know there must be a good lumber yard somewhere, but I can't really find what I'm looking for. I guess I'll keep looking and if I can't find anything I'll come back here. thnx