I've been having thoughts about weather to get an amp or a guitar for Christmas. Anyone who read my fret buzz topic would know my guitar is the faultiest piece of **** ever made. However my amp is crap too but I can live with that, as long as it works, it has distortion and i can hear sound out of it i can live with it, my guitar however leaves me wanting to throw it out the window every 5 minutes. Guitars are also more expencive than amps so I could get an amp soon anyway if I get a job.

If I was to get an amp it would be a Peavey Vypyr 30. Guitar either:

Ibanez RG170DX $340
ESP LTD H-51 $400
ESP LTD M-50 $370
Jackson JS1 $340
Epiphone LP-100 $400
Epiphone G-310 $300

I know most of you will say amp but I can live with my SP-10 but my guitar is the biggest piece of ****, I would be better with a Hannah Montana Tele than my guitar.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
For guitars I would recommend an Epi G-400, it's in your price range and a fixed bridge is better than a cheap tremolo.
The G-400 is $525 which means I would have to put like $250 towards it. If I got the G-310 then I could keep my $250 bucks and that goes towards the amp.

EDIT: I'm in Australia BTW.
My Gear:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Ok, I was just saying the situation that I can live with my amp but not my guitar. But people always say amp first so I wasn't sure.

Now I need someone to help me on what guitar to get.

I mainly play Muse, RATM, Metallica, Led Zeppelin, Avenged Sevenfold, Rush, Aerosmith, Queens of the Stone Age, Rolling Stones and Lenny Kravitz.
My Gear:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Last edited by random_B-RAD at Dec 7, 2008,
anyone got ideas for a guitar?
My Gear:
Peavey Vypyr 30
out of the ones you listed i would say one of the esp ltds i like them i am gonna get one for christmas an esp ltd ec 100qm which is the same thing as a esp ltd ec 50 just nicer finish

EDIT see if you can get one with a fixed bridge and try to get one of this years models because this years models come with a basswood body instead of agathis

EDIT god australian prices are crazy...the esp ec 50 is one of the cheaper ones but on there it is like 500 i feel srry for you
Squirrels>all other animals group

Quote by Prophet of Page
I don't recommend passive pickups for any kind of blues tone. Ideally, you'd want a passive pickup with a reasonably low level of output.
Last edited by eahilder at Dec 9, 2008,
Quote by eahilder

EDIT god australian prices are crazy...the esp ec 50 is one of the cheaper ones but on there it is like 500 i feel srry for you

But we have petrol under $1 so
My Gear:
Peavey Vypyr 30