And, of course, by "cussing," you mean "contempt of court." Which is roughly a different thing.
You're*
Even if it is contempt of court, the government basically put him in jail because he had a potty mouth, which I believe is an infringement of the first amendment. I think that's ridiculous.

Edit: this is in America, right?
Quote by maniac111
Even if it is contempt of court, the government basically put him in jail because he had a potty mouth, which I believe is an infringement of the first amendment. I think that's ridiculous.

No...they put him in jail for contempt of court.

Also, it's amazing how many people are so quick to cry "First Amendment!" and then not even have any idea what that amendment actually does.

Quote by maniac111
Edit: this is in America, right?

Yes, it is. An, in America, nobody knows jack **** about our constitution.
You're*
Quote by Survivalism
No...they put him in jail for contempt of court.

Also, it's amazing how many people are so quick to cry "First Amendment!" and then not even have any idea what that amendment actually does.

Yes, and he was accused of "contempt of court" because he dropped the f-bomb, which I think is stupid, because this is in a country that boasts about freedom of speech.
Quote by Survivalism
And, of course, by "cussing," you mean "contempt of court." Which is roughly a different thing.

Well he did cuss. So it's roughly not a different thing. It's still retarded and goes against common sense.
But he cussed in court, where there are laws against that.
Quote by metal4all
Just, no. Locrian should be treated like that gay cousin. Just avoid him cuz he's weird, unstable, and is attracted to the wrong thing.

Quote by steven seagull
Big deal, I bought a hamster once and they put that in a box...doesn't make it a scale.
He was contempt of court because he dropped the f-bomb. Some people may thing he shouldn't be in contempt because of the freedom of speech act, survivalism.

They put him in jail FOR contempt of court, but why was he contempt?

EDIT: 6 months is rough. I accidentally said "shit" (after ripping my pants) in class, and I got a "hey, that's not nice."

That judge sucks at keeping order.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
I just think that putting somebody in jail because of their use of a certain word is not a very mature way to handle things.
makes sense to me. the judge didnt like his disrespectful tone and there are strict rules in a courtroom. Plus he was a lawyer, he REALLY shouldve known better. its kind of like a cop claiming he didnt know murder was wrong.

also he couldve shown a little maturity. he was whining like a little b****
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now with 20 percent more Allah!!!

Quote by Borsworth
^^^

Quote by GoldenRose94

that'd be slightly creepy if i didn't find it so amusing.
Quote by abdulalhazred
makes sense to me. the judge didnt like his disrespectful tone and there are strict rules in a courtroom. Plus he was a lawyer, he REALLY shouldve known better. its kind of like a cop claiming he didnt know murder was wrong.

also he couldve shown a little maturity. he was whining like a little b****

Did you just compare cussing to murder?

I think it was rather immature to use that word in court, but I don't think he should've been punished by law.
Did the judge repeatedly tell him to settle the hell down before the guy dropped the curse word? Because if that's the case, then I think it's justified.
However, if the judge had not priorly warned him, then maybe it's a little harsh.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Quote by maniac111
Did you just compare cussing to murder?

only in the sense that its an obvious law and theres no way that a lawyer could claim he/she didnt know about it in the same way a cop couldnt get away with claiming to have no knowledge about murder being illegal.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now with 20 percent more Allah!!!

Quote by Borsworth
^^^

Quote by GoldenRose94

that'd be slightly creepy if i didn't find it so amusing.