Page 1 of 3
we've all heard of the bands that everyone hates. aka fall out boy you know panic at the disco etc. etc. etc. so ............................why?
For those to understand the truth within every lie ever spoken, we ourselves must lie to seek the truth.
I don't actually hate those bands.

I assume that other people hate those bands either because of the vocalists, the obsessive, annoying fans, or because that person is just jumping the bandwagon.
Their songs are very repetitive, require no talent whatsoever, and basically rely on nothing but catchy chord prgoressions.

And this is coming from someone that actually listens to ALL of those bands you are talking about.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
Wierd question man..

You could ask why people don't like the Beatles or why they don't like chicken flavored ice cream. People have different tastes. Aside from that, personally, I find the songs boring. Repetitive, boring, tastless and I just prefer music with more substance. But that's just me. For every hater these bands do actually have a lot of fans. They still sell. They still get audiences.
Quote by Haha, Crackhead
Their songs are very repetitive, require no talent whatsoever, and basically rely on nothing but catchy chord prgoressions.

And this is coming from someone that actually listens to ALL of those bands you are talking about.

It's not easy to right catchy stuff.
fall out boy... general ****.. look like fags.. just **** in general.
Panic at the disco.... 100% gay for each other.

Convinced yet?
Quote by donkey the wise
biggest pwnage in this thread yet. congrats good sir!

Quote by potcorn56
ooooo your so kinky!!!!!!!!!!!

its because there a bunch of studio bands where nothing about them is real and they rely way to much on studio equipment to make their music
gear:
squier fat strat
fender 15 watt amp
yamaha f310
ibanez DS7(distortion)
Quote by -HillZ-

Convinced yet?

You didn't really give any reasons other than homophobia on your side.
they're all just a little too soft for me. (FOB, Panic!, Jonas Bros., etc.)

Not as in "slow songs" soft but as in "I have nohing to write about that doesn't sound totally wimpy" soft.
Last edited by GrungeJunkie at Dec 7, 2008,
Theyre stale and seem to get worse and more boring as they get more popular and successful. I cant imagine most of the poppy crap FOB puts out is getting anywhere near their musical potential, which seems like a waste to me considering they could probably put out anything they like these days.

Still love Sugar we're goin down, not sure why.
Quote by -HillZ-

Convinced yet?

pics or it didnt happen.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now with 20 percent more Allah!!!

Quote by Borsworth
^^^

Quote by GoldenRose94

that'd be slightly creepy if i didn't find it so amusing.
Quote by ajaxender12

Still love Sugar we're goin down, not sure why.

Because it's catchy?
Quote by RockxxStar
i actually love the bands i have a wide range of music

You have a limited amount of brain cells too.
Quote by ESPplayer5150
I loled
It is because alot of these new bands don't write half their songs and are completely dependent on the studio to make them sound good. Some of them however like their style and write their own stuff and that is good for them, but the bands that are pulling the classic "The Monkeys" thing should just stop.
Gear:

Les Paul Standard
Triple XXX with Marshall 1960B Cab
V-amp 2
Digitech WH-4
Ibanez WD7
Quote by Haha, Crackhead

Pretty much this.
They're popular, but they suck.
I can play better then they can.

****, I bed I could get 3 guys and start our own one of 'those bands' only requirement, be good looking!
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
you havent listened to them have you... noob

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']Just give up, because Callo just destroyed you.
Quote by daytripper75
if i am not pooping, i stand to pee. if i am pooping, it makes more sense to just sit down in the first place.

CALLO

Quote by -HillZ-

Convinced yet?

I'm convinced you're a homophobe, yes.

On topic, I don't like "those bands" because they are too soft for my taste; I've been trying to be more tolerant to other peoples taste, so if someone likes FOB, they can go listen to it, because it's not hurting anyone.
Quote by VanCamp
You have a limited amount of brain cells too.

dude, just because he likes them doesn't make him stupid.

and TS means Thread Starter.
alright lol. im not a homophobe...
Just yer.. they arn't my style lol. in anyway possible.

also yes there music is to soft for my liking anyways..
Quote by donkey the wise
biggest pwnage in this thread yet. congrats good sir!

Quote by potcorn56
ooooo your so kinky!!!!!!!!!!!

if your more interesting in 14 year old girls masturbating while looking at gay pictures of your band instead of making good music then we have a problem
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Quote by captainoid
I'm convinced you're a homophobe, yes.

On topic, I don't like "those bands" because they are too soft for my taste; I've been trying to be more tolerant to other peoples taste, so if someone likes FOB, they can go listen to it, because it's not hurting anyone.

Exactly what this man says.
I don't hate those bands. To be honest, I can't really even think of how a song goes by them in my head. I don't really listen to MTV or the radio.

But here are some bands or musicians I hate and why:

Jason Mraz - I just hate the way his music sounds.

Guns 'N Roses - Everything has always sounded just too cheesy for me.

Paul Gilbert - I've always just found his music boring and his fans annoying.

The Jonas Brothers - I have never heard one single significant or unique thing about their music.

Niccolo Paganini - Great violinist and yeah, his music's hard to play and all, but it's so booooooooooring to me.

AC/DC - Really fucking redundant. And I also find it really annoying when people make Rock songs about rocking.

Rap and Hip Hop artists - Not all of them. But I hate these guys that wear the grillz and ridiculously baggy clothes with this horribly tacky jewelry. I could never listen to anyone that looked like this:

Quote by GrungeJunkie
dude, just because he likes them doesn't make him stupid.

and TS means Thread Starter.

****, you're even dumber than he is! I called him stupid because the post lacked punctuation and grammar and spelling, and apparently you're too dumb to understand a joke.
Quote by ESPplayer5150
I loled
because most of them are lame and sound like someone threw a wardrobe full of tinfoil down the stairs over prepubescent vocals singing sickly-generic lyrics that EVERYONE can relate to because they don't really say anything.

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
I like Paramore, and I'd probably like more pop punk bands, too. FOB and PatD! all annoy me though. It has nothing to do with their fans or how gay they are, its just their sound bugs me.
Quote by conor1148
...14 year old girls masturbating...

This part doesn't sound so bad...
Quote by ESPplayer5150
I loled
Quote by VanCamp
****, you're even dumber than he is! I called him stupid because the post lacked punctuation and grammar and spelling, and apparently you're too dumb to understand a joke.

It didn't seem like a joke. And you didn't state anything about grammar in your post. I'm starting to think that you just made up the joke idea when somebody corrected you.
Because most of the people on here are more interested in other genres. There is nothing wrong with simple music, it has it's place in the industry just like everything else and whether people on UG like it or not, bands like this are still making bank and have tons of support from fans. That being said I don't listen to either of those bands but I do listen to some other pop-punk, emo, and indie stuff. Most of the people on UG tend to be metalheds and a lot of them are closed minded and find aything that isn't metal to be "gay". Everyone has their own preferences though. People have the freedom to listen to what they want to listen to.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
I hate Patrick Stump's voice. His lyrics are nonsensical and their talent has NOT warranted that sort of fame.

I hate PaTD because they were discovered by Patrick Stump and -Wow! What a surprise!- They sound exactly like Fall Out Boy. And I saw them playing a show on TV and they were absolute shit.

I can't really think of any other bands in that category I hate that much. I actually like My Chemical Romance and Green Day, though they usually get tossed in the same category. Plain White T's actually have some really good songs too, if you get past Hey There Delilah.
Quote by maniac111
It didn't seem like a joke. And you didn't state anything about grammar in your post. I'm starting to think that you just made up the joke idea when somebody corrected you.

You ****in' wish.
Quote by ESPplayer5150
I loled
Quote by VanCamp
You ****in' wish.

Was that supposed to be a joke?
Actually I don't really care
Page 1 of 3