I was thinking about it. and maybe some early Death song? also what was the first modern breakdown. who did it and what song.
what do you mean by breakdown? like chugga chug chugga chugga? or an actual structural breakdown that songs have had since forever? if its the first it came from punk/hardcore for sure. if its the 2nd its been done forever
"every prince has to slay a few dragons before he meets his princess"
jonas brother 4lyf

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']Just give up, because Callo just destroyed you.
Quote by daytripper75
if i am not pooping, i stand to pee. if i am pooping, it makes more sense to just sit down in the first place.

CALLO

eh.. not the first, and not like what odern breakdowns consist of, but nonetheless, i love it in "TV Eye" by the Stooges.. and that was 1970, decently early?
first of all neither lamb of god or god forbid are death metal. i think you mean metalcore. and in that case the first metal core breakdown surely occured somewhere in the mid to late 90's. however it came from the hardcore side of the equation anyway so its been going on way longer- think cro mags and other **** like that or maybe even earlier
apparently tht actually started in early electronic dance music or sumthin like tht...basicly a part in the song where they slow it down and stuff..
but punk and hardcore took the concept and made it into wat we kno it as
I thought breakdowns where in mostly metalcore bands?
Quote by Stress Cow
You know you're fucked up when the pit thinks you're a sick bastard.
I don't think Chuck Schuldiner could bring himself to even consider using on of those hardcore breakdowns. Structured I could see, I haven't listened to Death in forever, but def not Generi-breakdown.
ok...a little more specific. im talking dropped d or c tuning, and chugging on open strings, like DADA.....DA..DA.....DADA.....
ya that would be comin from the hardcore scene. and since it was so underground with very little publicity early on, i highly doubt anyone really knows that answer.
Domination seems like a good answer to me

LTD EX-351
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1960A
Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor
BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer
the first real metal break down was for shure Domination- PanterA so was one of the first death growls like lamb of god does
Quote by ShredGod George
yup, he does play an ibanez
a log with 6 pieces of yarn would be solid competition for it

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']Kick it in the dick.

Snakes have dicks, right?
The earliest breakdown in the style of what's typically associated with modern offshoots of hardcore that I can think of is:

Gorilla Biscuits - Start Today

Probably not the first though.
pantera's domination most definitely
Quote by evening_crow
As far as i know the only liquor that should not be stored after opened is wine, and even then it's mainly the french one. American wine usually has conservatives in it to stop this.
Whatever was on a scratched CD.
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Well really, you can't chart who did the "first" of anything in music, because someone can come along and cite a band having been influenced from such and such's song. Example: If you say Led Zeppelin, someone says Beatles. Therefore, I'm gonna say it was one of Beethoven's teachers who wrote the first breakdown.
modern breakdown?I would have to say something from Suffocation,definitely. Im just pulling this outta my ass however.
How about breakdowns in jazz?
Or The Beatles' carnival breakdown in Benefit of Mr. Kite?
Or maybe just Morbid Angel or some ****.
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Quote by Callo
jonas brother 4lyf

please leave.
Quote by donkey the wise
biggest pwnage in this thread yet. congrats good sir!

Quote by potcorn56
ooooo your so kinky!!!!!!!!!!!

People are a bit annoying in here. A breakdown isn't really a song....It's a slower section of a song. I vote Domination for the first stereotypical breakdown.

If Lamb of God is Death Metal to you.....Some people on here could blow your mind.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Battery
<.<
>.>
<.<
Quote by destroy_techno
this girl like said it was all screemz so I like punched her in teh face, serves her right stupid bish, don't fukk with Pantera
Sonatas written in the 1800s. I could get my iPod to look some up, but I'd rather not.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
Domination? I dunno. Reign in Blood has some parts that could be construed as breakdowns as well. Once people started using the electric guitar as a rhythmic instrument in heavy metal breakdowns appeared everywhere.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.