Ok,

So I went to the Rockshop today and bought a couple of pedals that ive been looking into for a while now... but im not sure which order i should have all my pedals.. could someone please help me...

List of pedals:

Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss CS-3
Boss DS-1
Boss CE-5
Boss RC-2

I know i went a little overboard with Boss, but what ive heard is that ther good pedals and they will last a lifetime, or 2, or 3..

Cheers
I'm just curious about where people are hearing that Boss pedals are good and last a lifetime?

Maybe it's just me but I've always been taught to judge pedals on a pedal by pedal basis rather than judging based on the brand, this is especially bad with a large brand like Boss that pump out as many units as it does. For example, I've never heard... Boss pedals are great, or Ibanez pedals are great, instead I hear things like the Boss digital delay is great, or the Ibanez TS808 is great.
Last edited by al112987 at Dec 7, 2008,
Definately wah first, then the compressor and ds-1 (either way around, i dont know), then the looper. Put the chorus in the effects loop
if I were you, which i'm not, i would go like this:

Guitar - wah - ds1 - ce5 - rc2 - cs3 - amp

you want the wah first so that every other effect that might be on along with the wah gets the same frequency feeding into it.

you want the cs3 anywhere AFTER the distortion, so that it can actually make the distortion sound compressed. you could possibly put the compressor before the loop station and it would still sound fine.

i like to put loops and delays as late in the chain as possible, so that the entire sound gets delayed, and so that there's not repeated signals feeding into the other effects.

and btw, i have a pedalboard that's pretty much all boss with a dunlop wah as well, and boss never gives me any trouble.

and for the guy who was asking why boss is so trusted: because their pedals actaully ARE durable, effective, easy to use, and for many people, the best-sounding pedals for the buck.
Last edited by frigginjerk at Dec 7, 2008,
Quote by tona_107
I might be making this up, but I think loops go in the effects loop.

If you want to loop the distortion from your amp, then yes, put the looper pedal in the effects loop. Your chan should go like this: Dunlop Crybaby Wah > Boss CS-3 > Boss DS-1 > AMP >(Effects loop Send) Boss CE-5 > Boss RC-2 > Effects loop return.
Quote by al112987
I'm just curious about where people are hearing that Boss pedals are good and last a lifetime?

Maybe it's just me but I've always been taught to judge pedals on a pedal by pedal basis rather than judging based on the brand, this is especially bad with a large brand like Boss that pump out as many units as it does.

Dude me too. To be honest, I've never played a boss pedal that I liked. I just don't like the way they sound, I prefer the way Digitech sounds and their WAY cheaper.
Quote by silversoulcage
Dude me too. To be honest, I've never played a boss pedal that I liked. I just don't like the way they sound, I prefer the way Digitech sounds and their WAY cheaper.

Well I mean, it's not even that, it's the whole "(insert brand here) makes good pedals," that I don't get. Almost every company (just about every big mass production company certainly) has both good and crappy pedals, which makes (imo) buying pedals based on the brand, completely useless.
Quote by silversoulcage

I tryed out the Digitech pedals in the shop a few weekends ago... with the distortion they just didnt have much of a kick for what i want them for.. to me they sounded extremly week and had no sustain..

Cheers for the help evry1