OK,so the wife told me she'd buy me a new fuzz pedal for christmas, so which one would you go with, just to run with bass. money is not a problem, any help would be appreciated, thanks.
"If I was any cooler I'd be froze">>>Me

Epiphone Les Paul Custom,
Yamaha: FG-405
Yamaha: FX370C TBS
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz & Fretless Jazz
Vox AD30VT
Traynor DynaBass 200T
Hohner Button Accordian
Digitech RP350
well, what kinda fuzz? I would personally get an Attack Goat or a Bass Blowtorch, one guy might chase the Bass Big Muff, another would want an El Grande.

check out bassfuzz.com, a great fuzz research website, as a notorious fuzz gasser, I can assure it is very useful.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by Crashman77
OK,so the wife told me she'd buy me a new fuzz pedal for christmas, so which one would you go with, just to run with bass. money is not a problem, any help would be appreciated, thanks.

WOOLLY MAMMOTH!

My woolly mammoth blows away all the pedals on bassfuzz.com.
The BEST bass fuzz out there.
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
Quote by Woogles
WOOLLY MAMMOTH!

My woolly mammoth blows away all the pedals on bassfuzz.com.
The BEST bass fuzz out there.

It's a great pedal, but it is a bit of a one trick pony. If you don't like it's small range of tones, it is a waste. It also doesn't respond to active basses very well. However, apparently some signal buffers designed to alter it's impedance can correct this.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
I have a Bass Big Muff Pi, its pretty good, of course I haven't been able to compare it personally with others.
For a thick fuzz I would go with a Earthbound Audio Supercollider or Devi Ever Bass Fuzz, but they are both sold out till January. A more subtler fuzz would be the Devi Ever Year of the Rat or a Messdrive+ Bass Fuzz.The Attack Goat is good, but is too harsh for me.
I just bought a Bass Big Muff Pi after doing a lot of research, its a good choice.
Quote by Nucci009
I just bought a Bass Big Muff Pi after doing a lot of research, its a good choice.

what's the REAL difrence between the bass big muff and the others?

is it just the low end sapping i've heard so much about?
Quote by 2112pk

that's basically the jist of it.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard

Where's Grygryx when we need him (come to think of it, he really hasn't posted much since joining)? Anyway, this site has a lot of very in depth and comprehensive reviews and sound clips:

bassfuzz.com

Best. Site. Ever.
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
EDIT: Sorry, double post, not sure how that happened.
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
Quote by 2112pk

Also has the ability to blend a clean signal into the fuzz sound without any extra equipment. It also has built in features to send a clean signal to one and and distorted to another.

However, the lack of low end loss is the biggest attraction to it over other muffs, and it's price beats most big muff clones that are tailored for bass.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by kugelspot
Where's Grygryx when we need him (come to think of it, he really hasn't posted much since joining)? Anyway, this site has a lot of very in depth and comprehensive reviews and sound clips:

bassfuzz.com

Best. Site. Ever.

I'm more of a lurker than anything else... it's just my way.

Best X-mas Present Fuzz Ever?

I could be biased though.

A more industrial sounding option might be the devi ever bass fuzz, it's got a cool attack and can be dialed into some cool glitch gate sounds.
Quote by grygrx
I'm more of a lurker than anything else... it's just my way.

Best X-mas Present Fuzz Ever?

I could be biased though.

A more industrial sounding option might be the devi ever bass fuzz, it's got a cool attack and can be dialed into some cool glitch gate sounds.

you're on UG?

a friend request is forthcoming.

that is a nice, versatile pedal, if rather risky. so is the Attack Goat, that thing sounds beautiful.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard