Its that time again folks!
I play modern heavy metal think Lamb of God, Black Dahlia Murder, As I Lay Dying, All Shall Perish that kind of stuff. I would like a really killer solo tone which would be great if I could achieve it through the amp but I can always buy a reverb pedal down the track. A nice clean channel would be appreciated as I occasionaly play Opeth and some older In Flames. I play in my bedroom most of the time but will be looking for a band soon and will have no problems finding one.

Here are some options I have been presented with.

ENGL Screamer + ENGL 4x12 with V30's - $1500
Mesa Tremoverb head + ENGL 2x12 - $2200
Engl Thunder + ENGL 2x12 - $1350
Peavey 6505 combo - $1750
Randall RM100 *xtc, treadplate, blackface* + ENGL 2x12 - $2000
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
I'd say you have a decision to make, son.

Seriously though it sucks how expensive gear is anywhere BUT america, huh.
peavey 6505 or valveking 212
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
Quote by SOADriff
peavey 6505 or valveking 212

Fuck the valveking, he's looking for a REAL amp.
The valveking is a good amp, but it's not in the range of the others listed.
have you thought about a jsx
Originally posted by arrrgg
When my grandpa comes over to visit, after his shower, he walks around naked to dry off
Yeah haha not interested in Valveking 212... at all **** spending $400 on speakers, $200 on tubes and still having a pretty average amp :p.
JSX series, yeah for sure!
But they are pretty damn pricey and there doesn't seem to ever be any on the second hand market .
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
I'm leaning towards the Screamer and ENGL 4x12.
I've heard that to get a decent tone from the Mesa I would need to have it past 4 and I would only be able to do that once every fortnight so... :s.
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
Hey man, for curiosity why are you getting a big volume amp if you can only use its full potential every now and then? are you in a band or somethin?
Well I was going to be moving into an apartment which was the whole reason for buying the Krank *25 watts tube*. Now that the share market has ****ed its self and that there is over 18 000 houses for sale in WA it is not a good time to sell a house :p. I mess around with a few bands but don't play guitar with them yet, I do however do vocals for 3 bands. I figure I might as well buy a gig worthy amp whilst I'm still young and don't need to pay rent and food, so thats what I'm doing.

Does anyone know if the ENGL Screamer *only 50 watts* will sound good at gig volumes or will the powertubes oversaturate causing a lack of tightness?
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
bump:
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
Hey howey, I'm thinking about getting a rev jr. How do you like it? Would it be loud enough for small bars if it is miced?