I was planning on getting a DL4 Delay, but I saw the HardWire DL-8, which is similar.

The looper is pretty important to me for practice. The DL-8 can loop 20 seconds while the DL4 can loop 14 seconds. How are the delay models compared to the DL4?

I loved the clip I heard of the DL-8's Mod Delay. Perfect for Leads and pretty cleans

I like the smaller size of the Digitech and the $160 price tag as opposed to $249.

Thoughts?

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Last edited by Necrophagist777 at Dec 7, 2008,
What exactly is that you're looking for? If you want a looper i suggest the Digitech JamMan... otherwise, if it's a looper/delay that you want, i'd choose the Hardwire.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by evening_crow
What exactly is that you're looking for? If you want a looper i suggest the Digitech JamMan... otherwise, if it's a looper/delay that you want, i'd choose the Hardwire.

I want a delay with a looper. But I don't want to sacrifice good delay tone just to have a looper.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Quote by Necrophagist777
I want a delay with a looper. But I don't want to sacrifice good delay tone just to have a looper.

Though i haven't tried the new Digitech series, i've only heard good things about them. The delay is supposed to be really good and tap tempto/looping simple (never tried a single-pedal looper though... i'm used to the JamMan). Go and try them out to compare, but i really think you'll like it.

EDIT: Oh crap!!! I confused the Line 6 one with another pedal... crap, nvm... i'd go for that one but!!! the construction's a bit flimsier so watch out for that. Sorry, my bad... i feel like an idiot now.

Last edited by evening_crow at Dec 7, 2008,
Quote by evening_crow
Though i haven't tried the new Digitech series, i've only heard good things about them. The delay is supposed to be really good and tap tempto/looping simple (never tried a single-pedal looper though... i'm used to the JamMan). Go and try them out to compare, but i really think you'll like it.

EDIT: Oh crap!!! I confused the Line 6 one with another pedal... crap, nvm... i'd go for that one but!!! the construction's a bit flimsier so watch out for that. Sorry, my bad... i feel like an idiot now.

The Line 6 is really popular with a lot of my favorite bands, It's just a lot more expensive and I have heard problems arising with them.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Quote by Necrophagist777
The Line 6 is really popular with a lot of my favorite bands, It's just a lot more expensive and I have heard problems arising with them.

Yeah i'm aware of that... that's why i mentioned they're a bit flimsy. If you're careful with it it should last long though.

I just bought a Line 6 DL4 yesterday and its really awesome. IT sounds great and there are so many features. It is really easy to use as well.
try the boss dd-7. its got 40 seconds loop and has great sounding delays. give it try and its cheaper than the line 6 one.
If you want a looping pedal, buy looping pedal. In my experience the loop features of delay pedals are far inferior, or just plain suck.

However, if you want a delay pedal, and require a loop function, I would try out the Hardwire, the BOSS pedal, AND the DL4.

All three are good pedals, but there is a reason that a lot of bands use the Line6. Its super easy to switch back and forth from saved settings, even on stage, and it sounds great.