Poll: Which guitar should I get?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which guitar should I get?
Ibanez RG170DX - $340
13 31%
ESP LTD H-51 - $400
23 55%
Jackson JS1 - $340
6 14%
Voters: 42.
Which guitar should I get? My mum will give me $250-300 and the rest I need to pay for myself.

I am looking for sound quality, easy playability and nice looks. The ESP comes in Blue and the other 2 come in Blue or Black.

Ibanez RG170DX $340

With modern RG stlye body with extreme cutaways to enhance access to the higher frets, great 2 post trem, 24 jumbo frets, bound fretboard with sharktooth syle inlays, Humbucker/Single/Humbucker pickup configuration for a vast range of sounds, the Ibanez RG170DX is a real winner at the right price.

If you are after a guitar that is fast as a shark, looks and sounds great, and doesn't cost a fortune, then this guitar is definitely for you!

This guitar gets a Kosmic Choice 5 star rating!

ESP LTD H-51 $400

The all new ESP LTD H51 is starting point of the LTD H series. With a smooth maple neck combined with ESP LH-150 pickups this guitar gives the upcoming shred lords out there a guitar with sweet action and a fat tone. FEATURES:

* Agathis Body
* Arch top
* Rosewood fretboard
* Bolt-on/25.5" neck
* ESP LH-150 pickups
* 22 Jumbo Frets

Jackson JS1 $340

Jackson's entry-level JS Series suits the needs of beginning players, and offer the best in materials, workmanship and value.

Indian cedro body, bolt-on maple neck with Indian rosewood fingerboard, Jackson high-output humbucking pickups, fulcrum bridge and chrome hardware.

I have nailed it down to those 3 guitars. Now I am relying on you guys to choose which one to get.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
Last edited by random_B-RAD at Dec 7, 2008,
i would go with the ltd esp, the other two have trems that just suck, they will not stay in tune, if your looking for a guitar with a trem go with a guitar with a floyd, khaler, or the like.
Ok thanks, Is there any way to put a floyd rose on an ESP for around $50?
My Gear:
Peavey Vypyr 30
No, a Floyd Rose is pretty expensive. Plus, you probably can't route your guitar yourself so you'll have yo pay for labor. It's not worth it...at all.
The LTD is probably the best value there.

As for a whammy, you probably wouldn't use it anyways. There was a poll on here not too long ago and about 80% of people didn't EVER use their whammy's.

The GRG is cool, but I've upgraded mine heavily.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
I now have narrowed my choices down to the ESP LTD H-51 and an Epiphone G-310. I like the G-310 because of the versatility of the 4 knobs and pickup switch.

So what should I choose. the G-310 is $300 and ESP is $400.
My Gear:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Quote by random_B-RAD
I now have narrowed my choices down to the ESP LTD H-51 and an Epiphone G-310. I like the G-310 because of the versatility of the 4 knobs and pickup switch.

So what should I choose. the G-310 is $300 and ESP is $400.

It's not much versatility.. The ESP is still better. G 310 is plywood I believe.
Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras
I am not a big fan of ESP guitars but out of the three I would say it's your best bet mainly because there is no trem.

John
Quote by Kurapica
The LTD is probably the best value there.

As for a whammy, you probably wouldn't use it anyways. There was a poll on here not too long ago and about 80% of people didn't EVER use their whammy's.

The GRG is cool, but I've upgraded mine heavily.

Yeah, the first time i got a whammy i was like, YEAHHH!
then I used it the first two times i played, and haven't used it since.
Gear :]
Washburn Nuno Bettencourt Signature Model
Some broken washburn amp :[
Getting an orange micro crush for christmas.
Mickey Mouse picks ;]

Quote by Quoteman
Would you like to buy a duck?
Get the ESP, but not the H51. The H51 is actually 219 dollars, the H251 is 400.
GO YANKEES!
Quote by Yanks4Life92
Get the ESP, but not the H51. The H51 is actually 219 dollars, the H251 is 400.

I should call you the biggest moron on the face of the planet. It is $400 in Australia.
My Gear:
Peavey Vypyr 30