i recently became interested in a classical guitar laying around my house. its apparently been in my family for a while, but not way to long. it is in deathly need of a touch up. the entire body needs a new paint job. and possibly a new fretboard. the strings are an obvious here. i dont want to go out and buy a new one. i just want to get this old thing playable again. i really like the pitch it has. so my question here would be, how do i go about getting somthing like this done? btw no i do not have any pics of it.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
i love me some bunnys

--> --> --> -->

Anybody up for a WookieCore Band? You let me know.

Watch me as i Rock on...
Take it to a guitar repairman and get an estimate. First of all, I doubt anyone here would be qualified to tell you exactly what needs to be done and for how much, and second, even the best luthier in the world couldn't tell you anything without pictures.

Unless the guitar is a rare/collectible model, I REALLY don't think it would be worth repairing. You'd probably spend less going out and buying a new one than having this one completely refinished and repaired. Even just having the frets replaced costs a pretty penny. If the entire fretboard needs replacing... yeah, you'd be better off with a new one. Who knows what other problems this guitar has. From what you've said, it sounds like it was pretty badly neglected.
Last edited by sunshowers at Dec 7, 2008,
If the fretboard is a problem, just replace that. Don't get it refinished. It will cost you a lot of money and ruin the vintage look of the guitar.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by Natrone
If the fretboard is a problem, just replace that. Don't get it refinished. It will cost you a lot of money and ruin the vintage look of the guitar.

exactly right,
i would much prefer a vintage (even crappy) looking guitar then having a newly finished guitar (especially a french polihs as is done on many classicals, bleh).

"I have better things to do...
Like play with my balls."

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")