recently ive been failing epicly at changing my strings. idk whats wrong, ive been doing it for years, but now i keep snapping them before i even get them up to tune. and its really pissing me off.

this is the way ive always done it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rhdxCECcl4

any one have any better suggestions?
My only guess is that you're doing something wrong, but unless you give us a video of YOU changing the strings, I can't help you much. Hmm... *Scratches chin and gazes deeply into the abyss*
My Gear:
Ibanez ART300 electric
Peavey Vypyr 75 watt combo amp
Yamaha FG-130 acoustic

There is no God.
i changed em about 5 hours ago and let it sit before i tuned it up like 5 mins ago and i snapped low E.
how in the world did you snap the low e?
Quote by doom3rulz
Did you just call Hoobastank "metal"?
i dont even know dude. im doing it the same way ive always done it, ive been playing for 4 years. it could be the lack of sleep, been up since 730am, its now 4am. i dont even know its so annoying tho.
you should tine it up once you put the strings on, not hours after, give the strings a good stretch too then tune it up again, make sure you're not cutting the tops off the strings until the strings have been n long enough to hold its tuning. also make sure the strings are wrapped round the machine head a good few times, on the thicker strings I'd say at least 3 times round. on the thinner strings go for 5+ times round if you never want to go out of tune
lack of sleep wouldnt really be a factor...You may be getting cheap strings?
My gear
Schecter 7 string hellraiser
1984 Charvel (model unknown)
Mesa boogie Dual Recto Solo head
and some pedels!

UG's HateCrew Member
Don't ask why just do what i say. Take a mechanical pencil and color in the nut slot of all of your strings, making sure to get a good layer of lead in there. Trust me, it wil solve your problem.
Black then white are all I see,
in my infancy, red and yellow then came to be.
Quote by <SpaceTime>
Don't ask why just do what i say. Take a mechanical pencil and color in the nut slot of all of your strings, making sure to get a good layer of lead in there. Trust me, it wil solve your problem.

This does work before anybody's like "wtf?!". The graphite in the pencil creates a thin layer between the nut which gives a lot of extra grip which stops your strings from slipping. Of course though you shouldn't have to do this unless your nut is knackered
Quote by EatShreddies
This does work before anybody's like "wtf?!". The graphite in the pencil creates a thin layer between the nut which gives a lot of extra grip which stops your strings from slipping. Of course though you shouldn't have to do this unless your nut is knackered

no, if the material isnt made up of fine enough moelcules which can slide between the string and nut.
a really high impact polymer plastic will be good for longevity..but bad for lubrication..hence why they use them on squiers etc..but often need changing.