Need help Collaboration of questions
Ok i know there are alot of places i could get this stuff but there are alot of them and if you can answer any of them it would help immensely.

1. How do you make what i call Clean Distortion? I describes this as sounding great when playing power chords. But when you play other stuff it doesn't screech. I would put this best as in The Rising Battle spirit. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bn8f...feature=related. Is it all in how you articulate it? or how fast you do it?

2. When playing electric do you cut off sound after you make it so it doesn't disrupt the other notes when played? or are you just playing really fast?

3. How do you palm mute well? I mean, how soft are you suppose to put it on there. and how do you play while doing it?

4. I have a Spider Six II amp. I saw a section for amp settings but i didn't see one for the Allman brothers, is there a good set for it? and how is the setup between the knob that has settings like Metal, Clean, Blues, ect. and the Mid, Bass, and Treb?

5. What is Tone, Bass, Treble, Drive, Mid and the Tone knobs on your guitar? Like how do they affect sound?

Thank you to anyone's help and to those that are just going to make comments that won't help anyone.....eva.

Also note that im mainly an acoustic player and have gotten slightly frustrated at the electric. I own a Stratocaster, a Lyon, and a Squire. There all great but i am having trouble getting a 'handle' of them.
Check in the stickys.Plenty of information in there.
To answer question 2:
It depends on your style.Alot of the time when you move your fingers to a different note it kills the sound of the last.
Question 3:
For palm mutes once angain it depends on the style.You don't really need alot of pressure generally.
As for question 1:
I'm not quite sure what your talking but you could try looking at speaker breakup or tube overdrive.
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.