Now, before you tell me to walk on down to the 80s forum I'm talking about the 70's incarnation of Scorpions!!

Who else is a fan? I looove their earlier work Like 'In trance' or 'virgin killer' ,(don't get me started on that album cover though....) I think they show off some awesome playing and songwriting by Uli, Rudolph & co.

So...favourite albums? Or anything to discuss lol.
actually i admire their whole opus... i like all the songs i know..

but i'm not sure if i know their earlier work...
you say it's good?... it must be good :P i'll check it out right now!
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
Quote by Serjem
actually i admire their whole opus... i like all the songs i know..

but i'm not sure if i know their earlier work...
you say it's good?... it must be good :P i'll check it out right now!

Yeah, but it's different to their 80's/late 70's stuff. Lonesome crow is completely different beast! And TBH not my thing. I prefer the albums after that.
I like every Scorpions album except for the very first one. who can possible deny how amazing songs like "Loving You Sunday Morning", "In Trance", and "In Your Park"? These are in my opinion up there with the more well-known Scorpions songs like "Rock You Like A Hurricane." Now, my absolute favorite 70's Scorpions song is "Sails of Charon". The guitars in the song are just absolutely amazing.
^Exactly. Pretty similar thoughts to mine, my favourite is also Sails of Charons.

I wish more people would know about this era of them, rather than just lump them as just "wind of change" one hit wonders. Most people I know do that, and it's a bugger to convince them otherwise.
I'm a huge fan of Michael Schenker and U.F.O. Never really got into the Scorpions but honestly only heard their hair metal hits.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5r16oIOfXY

Recomended listening from "Taken By Force". Completely different to their later stuff. I think "Virgin killer" is a good place to start if you're getting into their old stuff, or even "In Trance". There are plenty of videos and ausio tracks on youtube by a guy called AXEFLYERV.