Okay so i'm probably buying my schools busted up squire tele and modding it to fit my needs using the schools DT equiptment. I was just wondering what pickups to buy for it. I want it to b h/s/h like my current ibanez because im really comfortable with the sound. I would also like the same pickups that are in my ibanez GRG170DX in my tele. Where could i get these or are there any better ones?

Btw i play a lot of metal and some acoustic.
Gear
Ibanez GRG170DX
Bluerock Begginers Strat
Fender Acoustic
Bluerock Begginers 10W Amp
Lne 6 Spider 3 15
Gear to come
Les Paul Copy(Fixing up to be good)
that makes no sense...you're asking for a 3 pickup setup on a 2 pickup guitar...
what you could to is to but new pickups for your ibanez and put the old ones in the tele thus you've upgraded two guitars,

just sayin'
Buy two cheap pickups from ebay.

With your current amp you won't hear a difference between crappy pickups and boutique ones.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by aradroxar
what you could to is to but new pickups for your ibanez and put the old ones in the tele thus you've upgraded two guitars,

just sayin'

This is a good idea, but I would upgrade your amp first before spending any money on modding guitars, if the amp in your sig is your main amp.
Quote by yomoma21
that makes no sense...you're asking for a 3 pickup setup on a 2 pickup guitar...

Im gonna route it so it can have 3 pickups

Quote by Chrisiphone
Buy two cheap pickups from ebay.

With your current amp you won't hear a difference between crappy pickups and boutique ones.

But im buying a 15 watt vypyr soon. So i might be able to hear the difference.

Also i was thinking that i might not need to buy the singloe pickup because theres one already on the tele. I'd just need to buy the 2 humbuckers.
Gear
Ibanez GRG170DX
Bluerock Begginers Strat
Fender Acoustic
Lne 6 Spider 3 15
Gear to come
Last edited by superkal1 at Dec 7, 2008,
Okay, ill buy a new single and two new humbuckers for the tele. Alsi could somebody help me with a schematic for the h/s/h on a 5 way switch?
Gear
Ibanez GRG170DX
Bluerock Begginers Strat
Fender Acoustic
Lne 6 Spider 3 15
Gear to come
Last edited by superkal1 at Dec 7, 2008,