So i've had my epiphone les paul standard for a few days and im loving it, but i was just checking some things;

If i put a metal straight edge going from the first fret down, the straight edge will touch the first and 12th fret, but all frets in betweenare too low to touch the straight edge. if i move the straight edge to the 22nd fret it wont touch any of the frets lower down. I figured theres a slight concave bow in the neck, so will tightening the truss rod by a small amount help this?

also, the action. at the first fret the string is about 1.7mm away from teh finger board. however as you go higher up the neck, the strings get higher and higher, at the 17th fret, the string is around 4mm from the fingerboard, is this normal? or will dropping the bridge a touch sort this? Or will the previously mentioned adjusting the truss rod fix this?

thanks in advance.

*EDIT* also, the nut isnt straight, i.e on the low E, A and D, the nut is higher and gradually lowers as it gets to the higher strings, is this normal?
Last edited by Oxig3n at Dec 7, 2008,
sounds like you've got a warped neck there. So it is probobly the truss rod that need some adjustments, if i were you, i would take it to my local guitar shop and let them fix it.
Må Den Svarta Älgen Ta Er!
Quote by Oxig3n
So i've had my epiphone les paul standard for a few days and im loving it, but i was just checking some things;

So you've just bought it? if so why didn't the shop set it up for you? thought they always did.
Må Den Svarta Älgen Ta Er!