If a pedal is true bypass, do you still need to take the cable out to save power when it's not in use? this is when it's running on the batteries of course.
Thanks!
Hi! I'm Andrew, and when I have a bubble in my throat I sound like Alan Rickman!

I have the BEST Jizz Face on UG!

My YouTube Channel (slowmotion stuff!): www.youtube.com/wannabeguitarlegend
i think so, true bypass only means it doesn't interrupt the guitar's signal when it's plugged in but turned off.

amirite?
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
My metal muff is true bypass but if I leave it plugged in the battery will be dead by the time I go back.
Main Gear:

ESP Eclipse CTM I
Dean 'Shards' Razorback
Chapman Guitars ML-1
Ibanez AEL40SE Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Stack
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Small Clone
When the effect is off the guitar's signal passes straight through the pedal without interfering with the effect. It is useful so your tone is not coloured in any way by the pedal.

However, you do want at least one buffered pedal in your chain to keep your signal strong, especially if you are running long cables as they boost the signal to keep it strong, but can clolour tone.
^That's not really answering his question..

To TS: Yes, because if your plug is in the jack the battery contacts to ground, and when your plug is out it doesn't. The fact your pedal is true-bypass doesn't change this.

So the answer to your question is yes.
Quote by WtrPlyr
^That's not really answering his question..

To TS: Yes, because if your plug is in the jack the battery contacts to ground, and when your plug is out it doesn't. The fact your pedal is true-bypass doesn't change this.

So the answer to your question is yes.

Haha cheers I forgot my last sentence but yeah, true bypass doesnt change the fact you need to pull the plug out.
Quote by iamtompublic
Haha cheers I forgot my last sentence but yeah, true bypass doesnt change the fact you need to pull the plug out.

Thanks guys, I was pretty sure it didn't change anything, but it would've been cool if it did. But I'm getting a Visual 1 Spot power pack thing for Christmas so it won't matter
Hi! I'm Andrew, and when I have a bubble in my throat I sound like Alan Rickman!

I have the BEST Jizz Face on UG!

My YouTube Channel (slowmotion stuff!): www.youtube.com/wannabeguitarlegend