hi

i've been looking to buy a boss-sd1 super overdrive (with maybe a chip mod for keeping the low tones intact).
could anyone tell me if this is a good tube amp booster?
i play a peavey valveking and epiphone les paul std
i would want to use it to play some real metal (that's were the peavey doesn't have gain enough)
if you think this is a bad idea could you please propose something else?

grtz
Hendrik
IMO it beats the Bad Monkey. What's your budget?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
^Agreed.

I got one. It's awesome. It adds a bit brightness and spark into my tone. Compresses it and gives some balance to my low end.

It's not true bypass and will suck some of your clean tone when not on but it's not that much to be honest. I still get brilliant cleans! I even occasionally have it on when i play clean. It's much quieter than a TS-9 i had borrowed...it's kinda like a tube screamer but i like mine more than one of the TS.

Get a AC Adapter to go with it though...the thing will eat your batteries as any pedal would!!!
Guitars:
-Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
-Ibanez MTM2
Amplifiers and Cabinets:
-Peavey StudioPro
-Randall RH50T Head
-Behringer 4x12 cab
Pedals:
-Ibanez WD-7 Wah
-Boss SD-1
-MXR 10 Band Equalizer

7-String guitars are badass!
Quote by stradivari310
IMO it beats the Bad Monkey. What's your budget?

100eu max
I've got it too, I use it to boost my engl screamer, it doesn't give much volume boost when you put level at max and gain on 0, so you have to add some gain, but then you lose volume instead of getting it because distortion compresses your sound more, it's not too band but not good at all as a booster
yes if you mod it

i reccomend LEDs as clipping diodes
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
yes if you mod it

i reccomend LEDs as clipping diodes

well euh, i have to be honest i've never done that before, i've heard of it a lot, how do you actually do it?
Quote by ivan987
I've got it too, I use it to boost my engl screamer, it doesn't give much volume boost when you put level at max and gain on 0, so you have to add some gain, but then you lose volume instead of getting it because distortion compresses your sound more, it's not too band but not good at all as a booster

so what should i buy instead?
I'm not really sure cos' I'm also looking for a good overdrive pedal, I'll let you know if I find any
Quote by ivan987
I'm not really sure cos' I'm also looking for a good overdrive pedal, I'll let you know if I find any

thanks
but if i mod sd-1 for better low notes
should that do the job?
It really isn't a matter of tone, the problem is you actually lose volume when you turn it on, that will not happen if you use it like an distortion on clean channel, but if you want to boost your amp it will have a negative effect on volume, the tone isn't that bad at all