Im gonna take up yoga soon, and I was wondering if there were any guitarists/musicians that practiced yoga? Do you think there's any benefits to playing guitar by taking yoga?
I dunno if there are any benefits, but I know John Frusciante used to do Yoga, but stopped because it gave him back problems or something.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
I don't think there will be any benefits playing wise, but as far as good things to do for yourself go, I believe yoga is fairly high up there. Meditation can never be a bad thing in my experience

Sanity is not statistical
Axl Rose is big on his whole spiritual ****

But Axl Rose is way out there.
Gibson Les Paul Custom Black Beauty
Tokai LC53 Les Paul Custom
Tokai ALS48 Love Rock Les Paul Standard
Marshall DSL-50 Head
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
but then he wrote chinese democracy

so didn't do any harm
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
RED MILITIA FACTION
I'd say that it would benefit your playing because it would benefit you overall and make you feel more open.

I'm more of a meditation person, though.
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
Quote by DigUpHerBones
I'd say that it would benefit your playing because it would benefit you overall and make you feel more open.

I'm more of a meditation person, though.

See, I wanna get into meditation, but I dunno, I get self conscious about it, and dont know how to get myself into it and keep focused on it haha

Quote by Low_End_Rocker
See, I wanna get into meditation, but I dunno, I get self conscious about it, and dont know how to get myself into it and keep focused on it haha

There are probably some classes round where you live. I went to a session at a Hindu centre near me and I've just done it myself from there. I should learn more but the lessons were at the same time as work. Just cross your legs, straighten your back and concentrate on your breathing to start with, real deep, then not concentrating on anything will come. The first point is that once you've had some tips on how to do it, the self consciousness will completely go. Some trust games might help you with that, too. I was at a really brilliant talk/workshop in the summer by a guy called Dada Maha and I have no problem with randomly sitting and meditating anymore. Makes you feel so much better.
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
Quote by rhcp_freak
I dunno if there are any benefits, but I know John Frusciante used to do Yoga, but stopped because it gave him back problems or something.

I would've thought yoga would help your back...go figure...
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Quote by DigUpHerBones
There are probably some classes round where you live. I went to a session at a Hindu centre near me and I've just done it myself from there. I should learn more but the lessons were at the same time as work. Just cross your legs, straighten your back and concentrate on your breathing to start with, real deep, then not concentrating on anything will come. The first point is that once you've had some tips on how to do it, the self consciousness will completely go. Some trust games might help you with that, too. I was at a really brilliant talk/workshop in the summer by a guy called Dada Maha and I have no problem with randomly sitting and meditating anymore. Makes you feel so much better.

Yeah? Thanks for the tips, I appreciate it. And now you've inspired me to look into finding out if there are any classes near me, so thank you

Dave Mustaine does yoga? I knew he was a black belt in like 4/5 forms of martial arts but never knew he did yoga
Yes. There are benefits:

-Practicing will be less frustrating and you will be free from tension thus making practice much more progressive.
-Your creativity will be free and you won't be blocked so often from creating music.
D F O I N N T D
T W H O I R S D
Y O O R U
W S I U L C L K
A M S Y S

Quote by ScreamAim&Fire

Beautiful.
XxLloydxX for president!
Even though I'm english..

Want to hear Super Mario Bros Theme on electric rock guitar? SuperMarioBro
BuyMYMusic
SellMusic
As you might imagine, Sting has been doing yoga for years
Marge: You know Homer, it's easy to criticize.
Homer: Fun too!

Vegetarian Pastafarian
any ug'ers practice yoga? I want to do it for anxiety and better posture, but will it effect guitar playing negatively?
I do yoga from time to time. I believe there's a thread about it somewhere too.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.