Page 1 of 4
What are your thoughts on them as people and their religion. I work at a hotel and have to deal with them every few weekends and they are just not smart. They are rude and cheap but will roll out the dough for their religion.

Thoughts pit?
Quote by Spoony_Bard
I hate that...actually I just hate anyone under the age of 16

Quote by RockGuitar92
Just get it cut a little. It will grow back. Besides why is it so important to look metal? That's just retarded.

Gear in profile
i try not to generalise

i know one who's an assh0le
i know one who's a very nice person

,--.-'-,--.
\ /-~-\ /
/ )' a a `( \
( ( ,---. ) )
THIS WAS MEANT TO BE A PIG
\ `(_o_o_)' /
\ `-' /
| |---| |
[_] [_]
Yer, i don't really know what to say to that
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
RED MILITIA FACTION
i normally am polite. but a pair of jehovah's witnesses came to the door, i said no thanks and they left. Two minutes later another pair came to the door and asked "is your parents in?" I told them no my parents ARE not in, and to stop bothering me.
i know a couple of them they dont seem any different to normal people-expect one of them wants to take over the world
Quote by Deliriumbassist
They're people just like everyone else, and it's the ones who abuse them that are the dicks. It's extremely simple to just say "Sorry, but I don't have the time/I don't want to hear about your religion."

i never abused anyone, they abused me...they are usually rude but as with everything there is an exception to every rule and some are nice but most are rude. and i've heard them tell me about their religion, i've researched it, and it's absurd
Quote by Spoony_Bard

Quote by RockGuitar92
Just get it cut a little. It will grow back. Besides why is it so important to look metal? That's just retarded.

Gear in profile
i dont like them.

if i want to follow a religion, which i dont, but if i do then i'll choose it myself thanks.

but i have some funny stories about them though:

1: aparently whenever they knocked on my grandma's door she'd invite them in and not let them leave, arguing the hell out of them. i lold wen i heard that.

2: there's a church for them where i do my paper round and when i did the sunday papers up there, one morning i passed it and saw written underneath "The Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses" the word "Gays"

i lold.
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
well ive always been a bit predudiced towards them because when I was about 6 my best friends dad came running into the house shouting at us to hide because a couple of of "jovies" were coming
As far as I know, they are very polite people. They are very strict about their religion. But whe have Jehova's witnesses as neighbours, and those are pretty eccentric.

I seriously dislike the notion of trying to force your believes on someone else, trying to recruit for a religion is just plain wrong. They aren't neccessarily bad people and their believes are as valid as mine but no religion should do that.
i find most religeous people are hypocrites. there are some devout christians where i work who are the most devious backstabbers i ever met.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
My father got so annoyed with them (they even came on sunday morning) that he once opened the door naked. I've never seen Jehovah's witnesses since then.
in sweden they molest kids
Quote by carcass255
long hair is cool mate

haircuts are for people in concentration camp
Quote by Deliriumbassist
They're people just like everyone else, and it's the ones who abuse them that are the dicks. It's extremely simple to just say "Sorry, but I don't have the time/I don't want to hear about your religion."

well what if im an atheist and indeed do not care about their religion? i honestly cba to sit/stand there talking to em for hours on end whilst i generally and really do NOT care to hear about it, i will just flip and i want to spare them that so i just say: no thanks plz move on.
Quote by Dillona
I think I want to have sex with you.

On topic: No, I haven't met any famous artists.

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah we're all dead now. Turns out we've been in hell all along.

About the LHC

I was lying on a bench quietly dying of thirst and hunger on my way back from leeds once and a Jehova's Witness (yes just one, on his own :O ) came up to me and started preaching to me about his religion.
I pointed out that if I was indeed a tramp as he thought, I would rather have a sandwich than a sermon, and that also I am a christian and pointed out the huge amount of contradictions in what he was saying (of course he could have done the same to me but he wasn't that clever).
Then he drove off in a huge 4X4 and I lost what little respect I'd had.
Quote by Jackal58
I only judge people based upon the color of their skin.

Quote by Kilty Boxers
id like to shave my balls, but i always cut myself and when i do my shaver is like om nom nom testicle skin.
i don't like to stereotype or generalize an entire group of people, but having dealt with dozens of them coming to my door, i can honestly say that i can't imagine i would ever like one. any religion thats doctrine is to force itself on others is fundamentally wrong and it's worshippers should be ashamed. to quote the great Carlin: the first and most important commandment: Keep Thy Religion To Thyself.
I have no problem with them so long as they don't try forcing their religion on me. If that's the case, then I bring out the oranges, for some reason they tend to run really fast when you hurl oranges at them
ohai little sig.
Quote by lexaah
well what if im an atheist and indeed do not care about their religion? i honestly cba to sit/stand there talking to em for hours on end whilst i generally and really do NOT care to hear about it, i will just flip and i want to spare them that so i just say: no thanks plz move on.

...And isn't that what the second sentence in my post explicitly says is the best thing to do? To tell them "I'm not interested"?
I don't mind them as people, but as for where I live, they tend to want to cram their bulls*** down your throat, and that's what ticks me off about them. I also have this friend whose grandfather invited two Jehovah's inside and proceeded to convert them to Catholicism... he succeeded
I find them really annoying, but they really believe to the sh*t they are trying to make us believe to, so they think they are trying to do a favor to us. But I think we should find out what we believe or don't believe in by ourselves.
I live near Lake Bodom WORSHIP MEEEEEEE

Quote by Sami Philadelph
LOL, for some reason the impression I get from you is like some wacky Frank Zappa of metal pulling pranks at the Grammys and telling crude jokes during interviews.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
...And isn't that what the second sentence in my post explicitly says is the best thing to do? To tell them "I'm not interested"?

i must've miss read. my apologies.
Quote by Dillona
I think I want to have sex with you.

On topic: No, I haven't met any famous artists.

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah we're all dead now. Turns out we've been in hell all along.

About the LHC

I'm not going to judge the people because I'd only end up generalising but I dislike the idea that any religion would tell people that they can't accept organ donations, give organs or give blood. That's pretty evil IMO.
The shunning is also ridiculous, and the fact that some JW communities are stupidly insular (Don't date anybody who's not the same religion etc)

I don't see the benefits of those practises at all.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by nimrod_hahahaha
I was lying on a bench quietly dying of thirst and hunger on my way back from leeds once and a Jehova's Witness (yes just one, on his own :O ) came up to me and started preaching to me about his religion.
I pointed out that if I was indeed a tramp as he thought, I would rather have a sandwich than a sermon, and that also I am a christian and pointed out the huge amount of contradictions in what he was saying (of course he could have done the same to me but he wasn't that clever).
Then he drove off in a huge 4X4 and I lost what little respect I'd had.

this is the essence of the JW

they are so cheap at my hotel, but they buy such nice clothes and cars it's kind of sick.
Quote by Spoony_Bard

Quote by RockGuitar92

Gear in profile
my friend had one back up into his basketball hoop (broke it) then drive away.
I lol'd

But I agree with first post, I dont generalize. Ive seen probably 3 Jehovas Witnesses in my life and Im not gonna stereotype the millions of them out there.
Last edited by B4Dkarma at Dec 7, 2008,
When they knock on my door I tell them if they can prove god exists then I'll believe. That usually baffles them.

Next time I reckon I'm gonna come up with my own belief system and start preaching to them :P
Quote by Wednesday Bass
When they knock on my door I tell them if they can prove god exists then I'll believe. That usually baffles them.

Next time I reckon I'm gonna come up with my own belief system and start preaching to them :P

I live near Lake Bodom WORSHIP MEEEEEEE

Quote by Sami Philadelph
LOL, for some reason the impression I get from you is like some wacky Frank Zappa of metal pulling pranks at the Grammys and telling crude jokes during interviews.
Quote by MangeRamone
in sweden they molest kids

Where the do you live??? Skåne?
Quote by Lars
Hey guys. What is this new amp we got today? it says M... Ma... Mars something. Marshall!!!
i think it says MG here on a little note too
Quote by Kirk

Quote by James
RUN LARS!!!

lulz
I like to come to the door naked
Kerry King Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only

Quote by dehollister

and im 14 got any problems ill f*ckin drop you.

HE'LL DO IT

Quote by Kensai
Spooni_Shaq is the best UGer ever, period
My Dad was involved with them for about 18 months and I can tell you now, they are the most mild-mannered, polite people I have ever met in my life. I was at lots of BBQ's and other social functions with them and I never met a JW who was rude or aggressive. If you don't want to listen to them, just say so politely. If they dont leave after that (un-usual), just say No Thanks and close the door.

They believe they are helping others by teaching them about Christianity and their religion. You wouldn't believe the sh1t that these people go through. They're treated like lepers and they lose many of their old friends. People abuse them daily while they are going door to door but they carry on because they believe it is right.

Even if you don't agree with them, have some respect for them.
Quote by madbomber233
My Dad was involved with them for about 18 months and I can tell you now, they are the most mild-mannered, polite people I have ever met in my life. I was at lots of BBQ's and other social functions with them and I never met a JW who was rude or aggressive. If you don't want to listen to them, just say so politely. If they dont leave after that (un-usual), just say No Thanks and close the door.

They believe they are helping others by teaching them about Christianity and their religion. You wouldn't believe the sh1t that these people go through. They're treated like lepers and they lose many of their old friends. People abuse them daily while they are going door to door but they carry on because they believe it is right.

Even if you don't agree with them, have some respect for them.

I think the religion is a lot more deserving of a lack of respect
Kerry King Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only

Quote by dehollister

and im 14 got any problems ill f*ckin drop you.

HE'LL DO IT

Quote by Kensai
Spooni_Shaq is the best UGer ever, period
Never had one come round, ever. Don't think I've even met a person who I knew to be a Jehova's witness.

(except a girl we knew in primary school who didn't take part in RE lessons, which is why i remember)
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by madbomber233

They believe they are helping others by teaching them about Christianity and their religion.

But not by giving actual help, like by donating blood or donating their organs after they die.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Ur all $h1t
But not by giving actual help, like by donating blood or donating their organs after they die.

Ah now, Thats just one way to help someone that goes against their beliefs. I'm sure they make up for it with alot of other help.
Page 1 of 4