I've got some pedals for christmas but I know it's going to take me forever to figure out a good sound! Does anyone know a rough setup for Iron Maiden songs? I mostly play songs from the albums Iron Maiden to Seventh Son so that's around 3 different set ups (kinda raw for Iron Maiden and Killers, the classic sound for The Number of the Beast to Powerslave and the very cool sound of Somewhere In Time and Seventh Son of a Seventh Son) I'd really appreciate it for anyone to help me get a good sound :] Here's my equipment:

Les Paul Standard
Vox AD30VT Amp with Footswitch
Boss TU-2
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3
Ibanez Tube Screamer TS-9
MXR Phase 90
Jim Dunlop Cry Baby 535Q

I'll be spending a lot of time messing around with them myself for Zeppelin, Metallica, AC/DC and Guns N' Roses tones but it's always good to get some help at the start :]
yeah I was wondering this as well.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Seventh Son and Somewhere in time used predominantly guitar synths, you haven't got a hope of getting close to those sounds unless you likewise have a guitar synth.

For classic Iron Maiden tones you don't need any pedals, one of the models on your amp will be plenty good enough - nothing too high gain, just one of the classic stack-type models with plenty of midrange.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Seventh Son and Somewhere in time used predominantly guitar synths, you haven't got a hope of getting close to those sounds unless you likewise have a guitar synth.

For classic Iron Maiden tones you don't need any pedals, one of the models on your amp will be plenty good enough - nothing too high gain, just one of the classic stack-type models with plenty of midrange.

Oh crap! Don't they cost like £300? Thanks for your info anyway!
uk modern seems good for maiden
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
hey have u used the Ibanez Tube Screamer TS-9 and the MXR Phase 90 yet and if u have how do u like them?
Quote by Natalie105
Oh crap! Don't they cost like £300? Thanks for your info anyway!

You don't need a guitar synth, with a little ingenuity and effort, you can get a sound thats very close. Look into getting an e-bow for that continuous sustain effect, put your wah on the filter position to get that flat synth sound, maybe look for a good quality octave pedal and fiddle with the tone knobs on your guitar till you get an effect you think sounds good.

I hate those guitar synth modules, they are too digital sounding and not as responsive as I'd like them to be, I get by without them and I do quite a bit of lead synth style guitar work.
Quote by ravioli123
James, a type of sandwich:

A sandwich that consists of ham, turkey, roast beef, shredded cheese, nacho cheese doritos, and ranch on a toasted bun.
"Hey man lets go get a couple James's for lunch"
Quote by LG555
hey have u used the Ibanez Tube Screamer TS-9 and the MXR Phase 90 yet and if u have how do u like them?

I've used them for about 5 minutes to test they work then they had to go back in their boxes until the 25th of December But they did sound pretty awesome when I was playing with them! Especially the MXR for solos.
Quote by ravioli123
You don't need a guitar synth, with a little ingenuity and effort, you can get a sound thats very close. Look into getting an e-bow for that continuous sustain effect, put your wah on the filter position to get that flat synth sound, maybe look for a good quality octave pedal and fiddle with the tone knobs on your guitar till you get an effect you think sounds good.

I hate those guitar synth modules, they are too digital sounding and not as responsive as I'd like them to be, I get by without them and I do quite a bit of lead synth style guitar work.

Thanks for your info, I'll be getting an octave shifter pedal soon and I'll have a go at messing around with them. I was thinking Somewhere In Time and Seventh Son were mainly delay and reverb?

Thanks everyone!
*reported*

don't bump old threads just to be creepy, and for god's sake buy a dictionary!
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by DEF LEPPARD1324
hay natlie105 how old r u u seem a little yung for iron maidon ana acdc

Sigging that.

I think we may have one of the creepiest UGers here.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.