My Albums

TALKING LIKE A JERK EXCEPT
YOU ARE AN ACTUAL JERK
AND LIVING PROOF THAT

SOMETIMES FRIENDS ARE MEAN

last.fm
tumblr
Have you tryed them? And you might get better responses in the Acoustic section.
Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras
I have tried neither of them, but they both seem pretty good. I don't have an acoustic guitar/
My Albums

TALKING LIKE A JERK EXCEPT
YOU ARE AN ACTUAL JERK
AND LIVING PROOF THAT

SOMETIMES FRIENDS ARE MEAN

last.fm
tumblr
Metal: Bright tone, good to start with can't break.
Glass: Warmer tone, more common in blues, very breakable.

I recommend you get the metal one, you won't be able to break it and it is for practising (I guess anyway). I would also say that it is better to buy one at a music store (you don't want one too big or too small).
glass, not too breakable, i drop my all the time, but it is not the same model. and if your so into jack white, try both cause they can depend for his music
the metal slide has no back so it can be rotated on your finger and you can fret the finger because it can bend. the glass one means your finger it stuck straight. I have the metal and its not bad, but its a bit fidgety to turn round in the middle of a song and because it has no it harder to make parallel to the strings.
I used to break too many glass ones when I played live.I'd sit them.like an idiot,on my Marshall and they would vibrate off and smash :O

But at that price it's your choice.I use an old chrome/Metal one which I've been unable to break in over 20 years<grin> but I keep meaning to try that new innovation type one(Still Metal). for the 1st time in years a few weeks ago I actually recorded a bit of my slide work,

http://www.reverbnation.com/tunepak/947929

"Easy Life".

HTH
Glass gives clean sound. Metal is more rough.

Depends on what you're after.

I prefer glass.