Page 1 of 2
I play mostly rock, a TINY bit of metal and maybe a TINY bit of punk.

I wanna decide on a guitar, so far i've got my eyes on an Epiphone Les Paul Zakk Wylde Bullseye but there may be better guitars for the same price. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance
Waste of money. You're paying for the bullseye paint and the Zakk Wylde name on the back of the headstock.

What's your budget?
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
oh come on, be serious... you'll look like a character in batman with a guitar like that...
+ it's an epiphone...
what's your price range?
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
I have tried out several of these and they are very well made and if you want EMGs it can be the guitar for you. I would recomend the Epi LP Prophecy new it's a bit cheaper and much better looking I also think the Phophecy line is a better quality line Epi is making now. I have tried several of them and they are very consistant and sound great. I like them so much I bought the Futura.

John
Quote by johnro6659
I have tried out several of these and they are very well made and if you want EMGs it can be the guitar for you. I would recomend the Epi LP Prophecy new it's a bit cheaper and much better looking I also think the Phophecy line is a better quality line Epi is making now. I have tried several of them and they are very consistant and sound great. I like them so much I bought the Futura.

John

The EMG HZ pickups in the Wylde are hardly what people expect from EMG. If Epiphone is going to charge 800 + for that guitar, they should at least throw in the active Zakk Wylde set.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I have that guitar and it's awesome. For what you play the EMG's are perfect and it looks really nice. It is heavy though, but you can expect that from most les pauls.
Originally Posted by Demon Wolf
one dream of mine is to play baroque and roll.

i dont quite know what it is, but i assume it involves plenty of harpsichord solos and medieval chanting.

I can get the guitar for around £320. My budget is around £250 to £350 ($370 - $520)

EDIT: I have tried and tested it, i know how it sounds and feels (good) but i wanted to know if there were any better guitars in the price range.
Quote by alfonzo99
I have that guitar and it's awesome. For what you play the EMG's are perfect and it looks really nice. It is heavy though, but you can expect that from most les pauls.

wtf???

are you on crystal meth?

hz's are terrible

and TS

go look into schecter
you could get a nice hellraiser with emg 81 & 89
or a blackjack atx with blackouts
or if you can handle passives
a c1+
a regular blackjack
or a tempest
which is schecters take on a les paul
Call me Justyn

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Last edited by justlivin at Dec 7, 2008,
Quote by justlivin
wtf???

are you on crystal meth?

Only a little...

But really, i play similar stuff and you can get a really crunchy sound out of them.

i dont quite know what it is, but i assume it involves plenty of harpsichord solos and medieval chanting.

Quote by CrimsonBizzare
I can get the guitar for around £320. My budget is around £250 to £350 ($370 - $520)

EDIT: I have tried and tested it, i know how it sounds and feels (good) but i wanted to know if there were any better guitars in the price range.

Any Schecter in that price range would completely destroy the Wylde. The Epiphone Prophecy guitars are pretty killer as well.

If you need that LP shape, you should check out some of the MIK Tokai guitars. They're much better than any comparable Epiphone.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
i don't need the lp shape, but it does have to look decent - i'm looking at schecter website right now.

I don't mind not having EMGs, in fact I don't like them that much.
I don't like Floyde Roses but I've never had one just played one, are the Schecter guitars good for Rock - Hard Rock (GnR, Kiss) and not just metal?
Last edited by CrimsonBizzare at Dec 7, 2008,
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
The EMG HZ pickups in the Wylde are hardly what people expect from EMG. If Epiphone is going to charge 800 + for that guitar, they should at least throw in the active Zakk Wylde set.

Thats very true.
Slash signature has the SD Alnicos and the Iommi model has Gibson pickups.

Shame really, but I don't think he deserves THREE Epiphone signatures.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by CrimsonBizzare
i don't need the lp shape, but it does have to look decent - i'm looking at schecter website right now.

I don't like Floyde Roses but I've never had one just played one, are the Schecter guitars good for Rock - Hard Rock (GnR, Kiss) and not just metal?

Schecter guitars are great for everything. They make non-trem models as well.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
get the wylde epiphone, ive played one, the unfinished nech suits the guitar beautifully. the hzs are decent. ive always prefered passive over active. its a great guitar. but people will probably tell you to get an ibanez blah blah blah or some sort of ESP that you dont want. i say, play the gutiar, if you like it, get it.
Bazza

Epiphone Les Paul Special ll w/ an SD Dimebucker and a Dean Zebra neck pup
Bugera 333xl Head
Bugera 412-bk Cab
Roland Cube 15
Behringer Hell Babe Wah
Dan Electro tuna-melt
EHX Metal Muff

Bugera Lover!
Quote by CrimsonBizzare

yes they're incredibly versatile in my experiences

my gear fund is going to a c-1 blackjack or a tempest blackjack
Call me Justyn

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Price check on Scheter Hellraiser C1 WITOUT floyde rose (and if it matters, gloss black )
Quote by justlivin
yes they're incredibly versatile in my experiences

my gear fund is going to a c-1 blackjack or a tempest blackjack

Might consider that (UK price check?)

sorry for double post
i see them (hellraisers) used at cheap as 300(american)

blackjack(New)in euros = 433.77

scour ebay and craigslist
Call me Justyn

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by justlivin
i see them used at cheap as 300

which model (and is that in £££ or $$$)
check the edit^^^
Call me Justyn

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by justlivin
i see them (hellraisers) used at cheap as 300(american)

blackjack(New)in euros = 433.77

yeah, but shipping any of those to the UK would cost me well over 450 British pounds, my budget is only up to about 320 (350 if very lucky)
check with schecter dealers in the UK
theres got to be one
and check whats in your price range
and definatly check used...
Call me Justyn

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
yamaha isn't the most weel know make but they do some great value guitars, I have an aes 420 (two h/bs) that that my guitar teacher reckons i would have had to spend two and a half times the price if it was an epiphone
Quote by rorypearce
"Orange amp owners unite"?

......form of... Tiny terror

Quote by CullenT
^

WIN!
Quote by Skirvy
Please do not buy a signature guitar, especially if it's Zakk Wyldes.

it does raise the price but it's still cheap enough for me to afford, sadly most schecters aren't, i can't find any within my price range that i like and i don't think my local store sell them (i could be wrong, it is ElectroMusic in the uk Here
no they dont carry schecters... but im scouring their website for a nice alternative

but i guess if you can get the epi for that cheap go for it
Call me Justyn

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
I have this exact guitar, and it's nowhere near as bad as anyone here makes it out to be. It looks awesome, plays really well, the only downside is the difficulty reaching higher frets (as on any LP) and the weight of it, if you're not used to heavier guitars.

I really like mine, if you like the feel of it then you should buy it and disregard everyone here, as only you will know if a guitar is right for you or not.
http://www.thomann.de/gb/search_dir.html?sid=f74df10a8a06ed2f3c5643fdc9effbe7&xsid=f74df10a8a06ed2f3c5643fdc9effbe7&sw=schecter&x=0&y=0

You'd have to get them from here as GAK doesn't carry Schecter.

You should go to GAK and try out the ESP/LTD guitars.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by justlivin
no they dont carry schecters...

but i guess if you can get the epi for that cheap go for it

are ibanez any good, they're praised alot around here

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
http://www.thomann.de/gb/search_dir.html?sid=f74df10a8a06ed2f3c5643fdc9effbe7&xsid=f74df10a8a06ed2f3c5643fdc9effbe7&sw=schecter&x=0&y=0

You'd have to get them from here as GAK doesn't carry Schecter.

You should go to GAK and try out the ESP/LTD guitars.

1. i don't know where the nearest GAK is

2. i have tried some of the ESPs, don't like them, bit too metal/y for me
Quote by CrimsonBizzare
are ibanez any good, they're praised alot around here

Ibanez guitars are fine. Great hardware and the stock Ibanez pickups aren't that bad either.

Check them out.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Still, you want to be original with your guitar choice, and I reckon one day you will probably regret your purchase. There is no guarentee you will enjoy Zakk Wyldes music forever.

You could be sitting in a years time, a massive fan of traditional Jazz and with a Zakk Wylde Epiphone LP. Although that would actually be a pretty cool combination
ibanez is a love it or hate it
some swear by them and that they're the best
others thinks that they'll be the cause of the Apocalypse
from the ones ive played have been fine
im just not a fan of the tremelo
i cant find a fixed to try
Call me Justyn

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
what is the difference between these 3, are they good buys?

http://www.thomann.de/gb/schecter_omen_6_bk.htm

http://www.thomann.de/gb/schecter_006_deluxe_sbk.htm

EDIT: http://www.thomann.de/gb/schecter_omen_6_extreme_bch.htm

Quote by justlivin
ibanez is a love it or hate it
some swear by them and that they're the best
others thinks that they'll be the cause of the Apocalypse
from the ones ive played have been fine
im just not a fan of the tremelo
i cant find a fixed to try

Nice Poem
Quote by Skirvy
Still, you want to be original with your guitar choice, and I reckon one day you will probably regret your purchase. There is no guarentee you will enjoy Zakk Wyldes music forever.

You could be sitting in a years time, a massive fan of traditional Jazz and with a Zakk Wylde Epiphone LP. Although that would actually be a pretty cool combination

I have that guitar and have no interest in Zakk Wylde at all. I bought it soley for the guitar, not the name on the back of the headstock.

Quote by alfonzo99
I have that guitar and have no interest in Zakk Wylde at all. I bought it soley for the guitar, not the name on the back of the headstock.

same, don't like his music but i do like the guitar, too bad his name on it doubles the price.
Youy'd be better off buying an LP shape and getting a graphic for your guitar then if you don't like Wylde. I've seen the bullseye one about on ebay.
Quote by CrimsonBizzare
same, don't like his music but i do like the guitar, too bad his name on it doubles the price.

Yeah. I think he's a good guitarist but im not a huge fan. If it wasnt a signature guitar it would be way cheaper and I'd probably have bought the gibson version. Shame its like £2000 though =/

Washburn X50 Pro?
Ibanez RG fixed?
Epiphone Les Paul Custom...much nicer and cheaper than the ZW
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
Page 1 of 2