Well basically, I've been looking at a 5150, which I tried out the other day and loved.
But anyway, it only has one EQ set, so my distortion EQ went into my clean channel as well, and vica versa. Is there a way so that I can EQ my clean channel one way, and my gain channel a different way with only one EQ set?
I was thinking something like an EQ pedal I could activate on one of the channels and not the other to change, but would it be as dramatic as the knobs on the amp?
Peavey 5150 combo
1989 Ibanez RG750
MXR 10 Band EQ
Dean MLX
Spider III 15W
Yamaha FG700S

GAS list:
TC Nova Repeater
Get a 6505+. It has a separate EQ for both channels.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I'm having difficulty even finding a 6505+ anywhere, especially in my price range.
Peavey 5150 combo
1989 Ibanez RG750
MXR 10 Band EQ
Dean MLX
Spider III 15W
Yamaha FG700S

GAS list:
TC Nova Repeater
Quote by Soul Eater
I'm having difficulty even finding a 6505+ anywhere, especially in my price range.

An EQ pedal would be good to have, but I recommend finding a setting that works on both channels before you drop any cash.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
An EQ pedal would be good to have, but I recommend finding a setting that works on both channels before you drop any cash.

Does that mean a 3 band setting that works on gain and clean?
I thought the whole point was that they were supposed to contrast each other?
I think it sounds nice that way.
Peavey 5150 combo
1989 Ibanez RG750
MXR 10 Band EQ
Dean MLX
Spider III 15W
Yamaha FG700S

GAS list:
TC Nova Repeater