I've gigged with one and recorded with one... could've been better, but still turned out alright.

I'll say yes.
i personally would avoid any and all multieffects processors, they just don't have good quality sound you get out of single pedals
Average. Simplicity is good for gigging, but you could probably invest in something which focuses more on sound quality, which would be better in the long run. When you look at proffesional pedalboards, they don't tend to feature Multi FX units, and there's a good reason why. They're a compromise.
Quote by paulseagull08
what do you mean a comprimise?

quantity vs. quality

for example, a multi-effects has many different types of effects, but at the cost of quality...none of the effects will be of a higher quality

with a single pedal, you sacrifice quantity, but depending on which pedal you buy, you can get amazingly high quality.

get it?
yes i get it now
but for now im only 14 years old on a low budget so i cant afford making a pedal collection until i start earning some money when i leave school
i plan on using mostly overdrive and quite often distortion
erm chorus, wah and delay at the moment is what i need for the band
but for bedroom play it would be good to experiment with lots of sounds:p
alright...dont buy anything until you get yourself a job, and save up some money. sadly, we cant have everything we want all at once.

edit: you are 14 and have a USA strat?!!?!? either you have parents who spoil you crazily, or have relatives who give you a crap load of money for birthday/holidays.

plus, you are 14. yeah, its harsh, but you are 14. settle yourself down. i bet in a few years, you will be into a totally different genre of music/guitar playing. so, as well as giving it a break on buying gear, take a break with being so impatient. in the mean time, work on your playing technique, as you shouldnt be using anything but the dry, clean signal for practicing scales, techniques, and positioning and whatnot.
Last edited by Skierinanutshel at Dec 7, 2008,
Quote by Skierinanutshel
alright...dont buy anything until you get yourself a job, and save up some money. sadly, we cant have everything we want all at once.

edit: you are 14 and have a USA strat?!!?!? either you have parents who spoil you crazily, or have relatives who give you a crap load of money for birthday/holidays.

plus, you are 14. yeah, its harsh, but you are 14. settle yourself down. i bet in a few years, you will be into a totally different genre of music/guitar playing. so, as well as giving it a break on buying gear, take a break with being so impatient. in the mean time, work on your playing technique, as you shouldnt be using anything but the dry, clean signal for practicing scales, techniques, and positioning and whatnot.

yes im a lucky lad tbh i got a fender strat usa given to me for FREE by my uncle and a marshall valvestate given to me by a family friend who has now given up guitar

plus our band are just going to play in local pubs n clubs for a couple of years until we are 16 then were going to move more into the city centre so were not going for it straight away

im still practicing my ass off like
Quote by Skierinanutshel

Don't be such a patronising wanker.

TS, you're better to slowly build a pedalboard out of single pedals. Quality, and with multi FX you pay for a lot of stuff you don't even need. Ring modulator, anyone?
Quote by Rock Pig
Don't be such a patronising wanker.

TS, you're better to slowly build a pedalboard out of single pedals. Quality, and with multi FX you pay for a lot of stuff you don't even need. Ring modulator, anyone?

did u call me a patronising wanker? or the other fella
back to the point: i may buy a new wah pedal seperately if i have enough money because i hear the one on the me50 sucks but i cant afford buying pedals every so often i would rather have quantity to quality at the moment and when i leave school and make some money i will look towards making a pedalboard then.
but thanks for the advice
Quote by paulseagull08
did u call me a patronising wanker? or the other fella
back to the point: i may buy a new wah pedal seperately if i have enough money because i hear the one on the me50 sucks but i cant afford buying pedals every so often i would rather have quantity to quality at the moment and when i leave school and make some money i will look towards making a pedalboard then.
but thanks for the advice

Other guy. Honestly, that guy was talking to you as if you were eight years old or something.
Quote by Rock Pig
Other guy. Honestly, that guy was talking to you as if you were eight years old or something.

lol thanks
Quote by Rock Pig

actually, i was talking to him as if her were 14. i know when i was 14, my musical tastes were very different from what they are today, and i wanted to try and convey that message across to the TS. looking back, i do present my argument in a bit of an over-bearing manner, but the message is still sound. but i dont mean/want to argue, so i'll end it with this previous statement.

and i do agree with the suggestions by highway, except i will throw in the Vox 847 wah along with the other two he suggested.