I'm going to install a set of Schaller Locking tuners today in the Warmoth neck I purchased a while back. I've never installed tuning machines before, but it looks like all I have to do is put them in place and use a small drill to get the screws in.

Is there anything I should know before I go about doing this?
be careful with the mounting screws they break extremely easily.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I want to do this too, on my Epiphone G-400. What do you do if the holes from the previous screws aren't the same size? I haven't checked yet but I'm pretty worried about having to install them when I get them...
I don't really see why you'd bother; I mean, Grover makes good tuners.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I installed some schaller lockings on my strat. Incredibley easy. Put them in, drew around the screw holr, then drilled it. That's all there was to it.