18 72%
Punk
1 4%
Rock
3 12%
Hard Rock
3 12%
Voters: 25.
Im part of a Acoustic Folk Duo band named Sharps and Flats. The problems im having are as follows:
1. When we set a time to practice at school he doesn't show.

2.He accuses me of using other people's songs which I do but i only use one part of a song.

3.He's in charge of writing the chords down, but i still can if i like. He's now deciding that if he doesn't write the chords then it's not are song.

4. He says my lyrics are **** even though he doesn't write any.

5. He thinks songs are about riffs, I believe it's about lyrics

Should I leave the band and go on a solo career(which i've been doing and it's has got me alot farther than this band) or stay with the band and just respect are differences.
who's he?

and how is the poll related to this topic?
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
well, if you go it on your own wouldnt it mean you'd have stolen guitar lines from other songs and ****ty lyrics to go on top of it? doesnt sound good to me.
simple...

don't steal other artists riffs (even if it is just a part, it is still stealing)

just go off on your own. Makes no sense to deal with excess bull**** for nothing
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
In my opinion, a band is supposed to be united and have a common way to see and to feel music. According to what you tell, your "band" is not united at all because you can't agree on fundemental things.

Don't leave it now, try to discuss of it with your mate and take a decision together.

Good luck.
The world is a vampire. - Billy Corgan
1. When we set a time to practice at school he doesn't show.

Tell him to sort it out or you'll quit.

2.He accuses me of using other people's songs which I do but i only use one part of a song.

Providing your only taking insperation from it and not actually playing exactly the same thing blatently then thats ok.

3.He's in charge of writing the chords down, but i still can if i like. He's now deciding that if he doesn't write the chords then it's not are song.

Learn the difference between "are" and "our". Just because he may not write the chords down doesn't mean he didn't help write the song, does he help decide the chords or any other part of the song? If not he probably still performs it. Most bands have some members that rarely have credit on every song.

4. He says my lyrics are **** even though he doesn't write any.

Tell him to do better or he can leave.

5. He thinks songs are about riffs, I believe it's about lyrics.

It about both of those things and more, believing that a song is about just a single aspect of it is foolish.

Origionaly Posted by CTFOD
Origionaly Posted by hownowbrowncow:
Get a new bicycle
Then you can ride it with no handlebars.

No handlebars.

No handlebars...
Shadows of Hypocrisy is a cheesy ass name.

Don't steal riffs cause it's stupid.

But that guy does sound like a real ass. It sounds like he's doing nothing, and your doing all the work, then he complains about what you do :S
Camilla Choads.
stick through it and try compensating with him. if hes too stubborn leave the band and find something better.