I have a B-52 AT100 tube head with the matching straight cab. I bought it in July from Guitar Center. Recently I had been turning it on and it would have close to no gain at all; the clean channel works fine, but the gain channel is very low on volume and is barely distorted.

Unfortunately, the first time this happened, it was at a show. The following practice, it worked fine, but then I brought it into school for a BOTB audition, and had the same problem.

My friend who owns the same amp told me it was the fuse; that he had the same problem. he gave me a new fuse to put in. I did so, and the problem remained.

When that didn't work, I put the other fuse in to make sure that I hadn't taken out the old fuse and accidentaly put it back in. But the problem was the same.

The tubes seem fine. Only one of the preamp tubes lights up, but I remember that being the way its supposed to be. I checked at guitar center one time to make sure, and the tube all the way to the left was the only one lit. All the power amp tubes are lit up. But I don't know that much.

I've tried the selector on the back that switches it from Tube to Tube AB to Solid State. With no success. That's why I don't know if it's the tubes or not--how could it be a rectifier tube if i still dont have a gain channel on SS (i'm probably wrong about this)

I have the impedance correct. I've tried everything.

What do I do!!!!
i dont know ive never had a problem with mine
nor has anyone else i know...
Call me Justyn

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
first of all, check all your cords (leads)
they seem to be a big problem.
if not, then i have no idea, then again i dont know any electronics lol
Fender MIA Standard Strat
ESP LTD Viper 407
Epiphone SG
Starcaster by Fender(modded with Bill Lawrence l-500-xl)
PEAVEY 6505+ (FJA transistor modd)
Peavey 65 watt transtube studio-112
Marshall 1960AV
Vader 2x12
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 band EQ
Quote by doctorcheeze200
first of all, check all your cords (leads)
they seem to be a big problem.
if not, then i have no idea, then again i dont know any electronics lol

my guitar cable? that works fine, im using it right now with a different amp and it has plenty gain
probably a preamp tube, just swap em all out to be safe.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not