Getting A Guitar In 2 Hours. Any Tips? Need Advice What To Look For First Guiatar!

What should I look for? Durability wise. What company makes good guitars that would last for a while?

And can anyone link me like a pic on how to play a cord so I can test the sound on the guitars.

Ive never played guitar before so I want to play a cord to test sound, but I don't know how to play a cord.

My price range is only $100(the store is having a sale, some guitars are $300 but are only $100 right now ) and possibly $150, but I HIGHLY don't think I will be able to spend that much.

This is for an electric guitar btw.

Thanks alot!
Every Time You Fail, You Are Getting Closer To Success.
Last edited by Fudgepuppy at Dec 7, 2008,
.... Squier by fender. The biggest piece of crap guitar known to man but its the only thing you can afford. Dont worry about durability cause if you keep playin youll upgrade it in under a year probally. Everythings gonna sound amazing to you cause you have an untrained ear. You wont have the finger strength or dexterity to play a chord. just get a Squier by Fender Starter Kit. Comes with everything youll need to start playing.

Or you can be like the wierd people and try a Yamaha Pacifica.
"You know it's funny when it rains it pours
...They got money for wars, but can't feed the poor"

Techno artist and rap producer in training

Alright, First off you're also going to need an amp, any will do for the moment, just make sure it's a small practice amp. I'd recommend cube amps, they're not bad for starters. As far as a guitar goes I'd go for a cheap Ibanez. Ibanez make some great top end guitars and as a result their lower end stuff isn't that bad. My first guitar was a GSA60 and it worked well for a starter guitar.
Make sure whatever you get, it has Core 2 Duo 3.0Ghz or above. Buy an extra set of RAM modules if you see them.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
Make sure whatever you get, it has Core 2 Duo 3.0Ghz or above. Buy an extra set of RAM modules if you see them.

and Nvidia Geforce 8736474946
"You know it's funny when it rains it pours
...They got money for wars, but can't feed the poor"

Techno artist and rap producer in training

Quote by BelowZero
and Nvidia Geforce 8736474946

did you memorize that number or make it up?
Yamaha Pacifica

/thread

Quote by LazyLatinoRocke
You don't play guitar yet but you're registered in a guitar website?
A worrying amount of people come here just for the pit...

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by LaT3raluS
What? guitars with RAM?

Yes. The more RAM you have in your guitar, the faster and more notes you can play.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
look for one that doesn't get out of tune easily and get it! ignore the rest
Eat this, today's music-lovers!
Quote by rabidguitarist
A lot of music isn't really going anywhere. There are tons of fans in here going 'oh my god, <> is evolving so much and <> is so shit lol!' but tons of it is just recycled material and tired ideas.
Quote by Fudgepuppy
did you memorize that number or make it up?

I believe they're trying to confuse you.
ibanez GRG170DX arent bad, pacificas are bearable but not great. and squier strats are what most people choose.

it's just up to you, have a look round. dont be afraid to ask to have a try of certain guitars you like. then just pick which one you felt most comfortable with
Quote by LazyLatinoRocke
You don't play guitar yet but you're registered in a guitar website?

Wow, please be more of a douche.

Get a Squier.
You absolutely can not go wrong with a Squire strat.

There are decent alternatives, but seriously, you'll be sweet with one.

Enjoy!
Quote by juancsego
i have a right to do anything with the least amount of activity possible and if u cant respect that u can go to japan and buy panties out of vending machines...communists

If you live in Australia, save your internet:

Click.
Okay serious answer:

Get a squier. But make sure you get a half decent amp!! A good amp will last longer than a decent guitar! Maybe a VOX AD15VT if they have one.
But most of all just make sure you work hard, no matter what guitar it is, and you can always save up and upgrade when you have better experience!
Have fun First guitar buyin is an exciting time lol
I would get a cheap Ibanez. That is what I started on.
Quote by Survivalism
The Dual Rectifier is my sexy finishing move.

Quote by Survivalism
Nobody knows the words to Evenflow, they all just go "bramamamamamamamamaamamamabooowwllofcornflakes"
Quote by DrPants PhD
Wow, please be more of a douche.

Get a Squier.

Its not that he registered that bothered me. Is that the fact he registered last month.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

If the sale looks promising look at some Epiphones and Fenders if not go for Squier
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

,___,
[¬.¬]
/)__)
-"--"-

Quote by FishCream
Stop Performing Meathook Sodomy On Yourself
Quote by LazyLatinoRocke
Its not that he registered that bothered me. Is that the fact he registered last month.

It's only the 7th, if he registered 8 days ago he could have been in November and he could have easily spent 7 days reading forums trying to find as much info on guitars as possible.
Trying to teach you to play a chord over this forum will not be easy. Besides, walking into a guitar store and playing a single chord won't really do much good. If you can find a salesman to talk to, explain that you're new to guitar and have no idea what you're doing. Most salesman know how to play, so he or she will give you a hand.
Quote by LaT3raluS
What? guitars with RAM?

sooooo.......you're saying you did NOT already know that ?
Quote by jonnyrotten45
of course, we start talking about pizza, and end talking about putting our dicks in various objects, god bless the pit

Quote by lee 31392
I fapped over Louis Walsh.

Metal sucks
Quote by blynd_snyper
It's only the 7th, if he registered 8 days ago he could have been in November and he could have easily spent 7 days reading forums trying to find as much info on guitars as possible.

Ya, search Fudgepuppy in the search bar, then laugh at what comes up. But dont laugh at me
Come on people. Stop with the spam replies.

*reported*

Thread starter, take this to the Electric Guitar forum. You'll get better replies there.
I highly recommend an low priced Ibanez. But with 100$ you aren't couting the amp? Don't you? Because with 100$ for everything, you won't get anything... My small amp cost me about 60$...