so, i'm thinking of putting a '59 neck and invader Bridge into my Jackson RR, i play mostly metal (Megadeth, Metallica, Children of Bodom, BLS, Maiden, Buckethead), but need some good cleans/light dist (RHCP, Jeff Buckley)

I'm playing through an ashdown Fallen Angel 40W BTW

what so you think? any other suggestions would be helpful also

thanks in advance
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.
I really liked the 59 and disliked the Invader.

I'd get a SH-4 or a SH-6 over the Invader.
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by bikerboyjosh
so, i'm thinking of putting a '59 neck and invader Bridge into my Jackson RR, i play mostly metal (Megadeth, Metallica, Children of Bodom, BLS, Maiden, Buckethead), but need some good cleans/light dist (RHCP, Jeff Buckley)

I'm playing through an ashdown Fallen Angel 40W BTW

what so you think? any other suggestions would be helpful also

thanks in advance

The Invader blows, and you're asking for trouble matching a muddy pickups like the Invader with a bassy amp like the Fallen Angel - go for the SH5 Custom instead.

Even better, PM CorduroyEW and order something from him.

www.rockmonkeyguitars.com

failing that look at Swineshead, probably a Venom in the bridge with a Runaway in the neck.

www.swinesheadpickups.co.uk
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
^+1^

Invader is muddy. Don't get a DimeBucker or a DiMarzio X2N either, they're just as bad.
I suggest Bare Knuckles. For you, the War Pig or maybe the Nailbomb. If you can't stretch that far, get the Rock Monkey pickups.
invader is supposed to be used with a 1k ohm pot... soooo maybe thats why u guys think its muddy. i played a synyster gates signature with them once, and it actually sounded great! not sure i'd personally buy them though.
Well Enough Alone
ok, so i'm thinking bare knuckle warpigs

can anyone give me some help on which Spacing (50 or 53mm), Leg(1/2" or 1/4"), Magnet (Alcino V or Ceramic) options to get/i need for an RR, cheers
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.
59 in the neck Custom 5 in the bridge. Custom 5 gives you more output to balance it with the neck. Awesome.
Quote by bikerboyjosh
ok, so i'm thinking bare knuckle warpigs

can anyone give me some help on which Spacing (50 or 53mm), Leg(1/2" or 1/4"), Magnet (Alcino V or Ceramic) options to get/i need for an RR, cheers

53mm, 1/4", Alnico V.
The only one that's opinion there is a magnet type, and the War Pig is plenty hot enough without a ceramic magnet. If you want total overkill though, get the ceramic one.
Quote by guitardude11
invader is supposed to be used with a 1k ohm pot... soooo maybe thats why u guys think its muddy. i played a synyster gates signature with them once, and it actually sounded great! not sure i'd personally buy them though.

there i no such thing as an 1Kohm pot but i think you meant to say 1Megohm pot. and no they can be used with any pot.
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369
sounds good, you'll have a nice versatile set up.
idk why people say invaders suck, they didnt sound muddy when i used them, they screamed.
Extremely high output, and i sounded identical to dave mustaine when i used them, they have a nice smooth distortion to them.
Quote by stratdud39
Sounds good, you'll have a nice versatile set up.
Idk why people say invaders suck, they didnt sound muddy when i used them. They screamed.
Extremely high output, and I sounded identical to Dave Mustaine when I used them, they have a nice smooth distortion to them.

SHIFT KEY D:
I don't grammar nazi often, and there are better targets, but I can't abide lack of correct capitalisation.

And, bandwagons are usually correct. Hence, don't get the invader.