"omfg I h8 teh FOB bcuz tehy only use liek teh powerchordz"

Let's find some examples good simple music. I appreciate technical stuff, too, but I don't understand why being a metal and shred fan makes you hate anything that's simple.

"A good song is a good song, regardless of whether it contains 3 chords or a thousand shreddy riffs"
-Matt Tuck, Bullet for my Valentine

My nominees:
The Gaslight Anthem
http://www.myspace.com/thegaslightanthem
It's pop punk, yet it's got (in my opinion), intelligent lyrics, clever melodies, and it's very moving

AC/DC
No reference needed
I've heard AC/DC fans make fun of bands who only use powerchords. AC/DC use, what, 4 chords per song? It's all simple riffs and pentatonic solos. It's not rocket science, and yet it rocks. The fact that they're still going after over 30 years is enough to prove that it works.

Other ideas?
Dang, if one of my band's songs was recorded I would recommend that. =P
Not to be cocky or anything, but my guitarist is frickin amazing, but one of our songs is like 4 chords and it's pretty sick. =)
~Carl
Most Beatles stuff was like this as well, but they weren't power chords.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Nirvana
The Pixies

They both inspired the minimalist style I use in my songwriting.
Quote by Crazymike100

You disgust me.

Quote by jack_off_joel
bro u are definately gay

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
A backstabbin' bitch who calls himself the 'oracle'?

Quote by 100%guitarmad
I AM GOING TO HAVE TO REFER TO THE FIRST QUOTE IN YOUR SIGNATURE

UG loves me so much. Do you?

MY NAME IS JACOB. CALL ME THAT.
White Stripes,

& Every punk influenced band ever.
Quote by juancsego
i have a right to do anything with the least amount of activity possible and if u cant respect that u can go to japan and buy panties out of vending machines...communists

If you live in Australia, save your internet:

Click.
My vote goes to AC/DC. Their riffs are so simple and they use the same open chords over and over again, but every song sounds great and original. All they really use are E, D, G, A and some powerchords occasionaly (and of course a kicka** solo by Angus) but every song sounds great and not like the others.
Quote by patbuck2
My vote goes to AC/DC. Their riffs are so simple and they use the same open chords over and over again, but every song sounds great and original. All they really use are E, D, G, A and some powerchords occasionaly (and of course a kicka** solo by Angus) but every song sounds great and not like the others.

They used a C a couple of times.