I was playing my Epi Les Paul Custom a few weeks ago and I noticed that the strap button closest to the neck was starting to be pulled out of the guitar. So I just re-tightened it. I've been doing that for a while, but today I realized that the hole holding the strap button has been stripped and it won't hold the button anymore. Is there any way to fix this?
"The Soup Nazi of the Seinfeld Avatar Club-PM IHATECHILDREN to join"

Member of the SG Commandos
take out the screw, add a toothpick and some wood glue, screw the screw back in thru the toothpicks and glue, let set.

it'll last a long while.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
The same thing happened with my Epi on the first day I had it, I did what jj1565 said and it haven't bothered me since.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
Quote by jj1565
take out the screw, add a toothpick and some wood glue, screw the screw back in thru the toothpicks and glue, let set.

it'll last a long while.

^This works. I've done it a few times.

Another way is to use a fatter screw. On some strap buttons you can't use a bigger screw but on others you can. It depends on how big the hole is.
The same thing happened to my squire strat. I think I'll do the thing with the toothpick and glue.