well xmas is coming, and i was thinking of asking for a wireless set for my guitar along with some other stuff.

i've been googling and the only sets i can come up with all have these big chunky body packs.

are there any systems where the transmitter is in the jack that plugs into the guitar? i'd much rather have this sort of thing as opposed to strapping what looks like a walkie talkie to myself and hoping it doesnt fall off my belt.

thanks guys!
Quote by stringsquealer
dude you have a razorback explosion?!?!
im so jealous

Quote by Kyle.E
Munky has a reason. A reason to live. *applauds*

Quote by munkymanmatt
well xmas is coming, and i was thinking of asking for a wireless set for my guitar along with some other stuff.

i've been googling and the only sets i can come up with all have these big chunky body packs.

are there any systems where the transmitter is in the jack that plugs into the guitar? i'd much rather have this sort of thing as opposed to strapping what looks like a walkie talkie to myself and hoping it doesnt fall off my belt.

thanks guys!

I have an Audio Technica wireless, & the transmitter is only slightly larger than a pack of cigarettes. I just clip it to my guitar strap. No worries. A piece of duct tape over the clip keeps it from moving playing live.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Quote by i_am_metalhead
The only thing that I can think of is the AKG Guitarbug:

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/AKG-WMS-40-PROGuitarbug-UHF-Wireless-System-?sku=275682

However, I know a few people that own one and I've heard that these units have a bad habit of coming out of the guitar jack. They are also known to suck some of your tone - but thats common with cheaper wireless units.

There is another company that makes something pretty much exactly like that. Shure maybe?
EDIT: It's Samson, knew it started with an s. http://www.zzounds.com/item--SAMSWQSGF
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Last edited by soul_power at Dec 7, 2008,
The thomann wireless bug kit is cheap and doesn't suck alot of yer tone. Well I don't notice anyways. Easy to use and set up too and only 100 euros.