How do USA made amps make enough profit to stay afloat? I mean, they need to pay their workers like 30-50 dollars an hour, and it definately takes way more than an hour to make an amp. assuming they have 100 workers, thats something like 3000 to 5000 dollars an hour, as opposed to the guys (Bugera) who pay 3000 to 5000 dollars to chinese workers for like, 2 months.

I'm asking this because my dad is skeptical of the Bugera amp, because of all the mods it needs and he won't let me get it, and I really want one. He then goes "99.9% of amps are made in china. we could find a better sounding amp within our price range (~1000CDN) for sure.)

So yeah. Can anyone answer the question, and reccomend any new amps?

My dad also refuses to buy used, due to bad experiences he's had. ._.

Right now, I'm looking for a used Peavey JSX/ new Bugera 333XL but he won't let me get either.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
Tell your dad to be more open minded. I mean, who knows more about guitar amplification you or him? That usually quiets my parents down.
First of all, nowhere near 99% of all amps are made in China. Explain that one to your dad - there's a squillion companies who make amps in the U. S.

Most of these companies also sell their amps for about $1500 or more rather than in the sub-$1000 market. They also probably don't pay their workers that much - I'd say it's more like $15-$30 an hour.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Last edited by Raijouta at Dec 7, 2008,