This is something I've always been curious about. Let's say I was in A harmonic minor (am, b dim, C aug, dm, EM, FM, and g# diminished) but instead of having an F major triad, I had an F minor triad. Technically none of the notes are out of key (F, G#, and C are all in A harmonic minor). What would you call it, and is this used often? It's the same story with making an Augmented chord out of the 7th scale degree, G#. Again, all of the notes are in the scale, but normally it's a diminished chord.

Are these types of chords ever used?
Glance into my eyes
and see the darkest shadows dancing
Playing in the desert of my life
Burning, -
and my soul is descending...

Right, because technically the interval between the F and the G# in F minor, in this case, is an augmented second.
Glance into my eyes
Burning, -

I believe that Creep by Radiohead uses this idea. Chords are G-B-C-Cm, out of the E harmonic minor scale(with an added b7((D)) to form the G triad)
It's an interesting idea, but I'm curious as to what you would name the chord (or is it just a simple F minor chord?) and if there is a specific name for this type of chord being used in this context.
Glance into my eyes
Burning, -

well it is an Aug. 2nd in A harmonic minor. I know you can get an FMaj#9 out of this scale. right?? F - A - C - E - G#
what's the chord progression? how are you trying to use the chord?
I'm not using it in a chord progression, I'm just wondering if you would call the F minor chord F minor (in A harmonic minor) or if there is a specific name given to these types of "irregular" chords.
Glance into my eyes
Burning, -