you're fine with a normal one, those just probably last longer than normal for bass
Rockin' shit
dude read the reviews on the page. get it.
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life."
-Frank Zappa

"Where words fail, music speaks."
-Hans Christian Andersen
A cord is a cord is a cord. The only difference between Monster cables and any other cable is the lifetime no questions asked warranty.
ya there is really no diffrence in sound (i have one) but its the only cable that has yet to completly crap out on my
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Quote by alternitivebass
ya there is really no diffrence in sound (i have one) but its the only cable that has yet to completly crap out on my

+1

and I trashed that thing too.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Monster is a scam in my opinion.
Squier VM Fretless Jazz
Warwick Rockbass Streamer 5
Ashdown MAG 300 210
Quote by Ivanator

in what way there more expensive but there quality cables
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
The main thing to look out for for in a Guitar/Bass lead is noise, poor quality cable can be noisy when shaken other than that it's sales jargon, believe it or not I have a lead/cord that was made up in Nicosia Cyprus 42 years ago and it still works fine (I don't use it now too short).
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
They did a blind test with self-proclaimed "audiophiles" awhile back. They showed them two identical sound systems with identical settings. They told them the only difference was that one had a boutique cable and the other had a budget cable. All agreed the system with the expensive cable had a slightly better sound quality. Turns out the budget cable was an expensive one, and the so-called boutique cable was actually a coat hanger. Now this might seem a little extreme, but the point is there's really no difference. As long as it conducts electricity and shields interference a bit you're fine.
Basically the only real difference in cables is their capacitance....some of them can work kind of like a tone pot. Oddly enough, a lot of the "boutique" cables actually have capacitance that is much higher than what should be tolerable...they actually kill some high end instead of preserving the signal like a good cable should.

As far as normal cables and bass cables, the general consensus is that buying one makes about as much sense as buying a pet rock.
Nope, no sig here.
I just went to the store, saw a cable that had a lifetime warranty, and bought it. I compared it to my other cheaper cable and it sounded the same but I still have it because it looks nice and I like the name.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
Quote by Ivanator

Oh yeah...$25 for a lifetime of cables. What a scam..
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life."
-Frank Zappa

"Where words fail, music speaks."
-Hans Christian Andersen
Quote by hippiebass
A cord is a cord is a cord. The only difference between Monster cables and any other cable is the lifetime no questions asked warranty.

ha ha, now that is funny. so you are saying there is no difference in quality in a £3 and a £20 pro level with Neutrik connectors?
Quote by BlindSilence917
Oh yeah...$25 for a lifetime of cables. What a scam..

Planet waves are the same for less.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
I use planet waves and monster. And yes I can't hear the difference between a "bass" cable and non bass cable.

I will say monster does uphold their warranty--no questions asked.
Quote by Applehead
ha ha, now that is funny. so you are saying there is no difference in quality in a £3 and a £20 pro level with Neutrik connectors?

I don't think anyone is saying anything about types of connectors, what I find and anarkee also finds is that there isn't any difference regarding sound quality, reliability and longevity maybe but sound no.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
But the sound quality comes not just from the cable, but the connector too. I have just moved to Pirahna cables, and without doubt i can notice the difference. There is definitely less noise, John.
i use the 21" monster pro. The only difference I feel is a tighter connection and the guage of the tubing is impressive, less likely to tear. Where I really like monster though is the small patch cables... Seems like a lot of money to fork over for just one or 2 feet, but it really does make a difference in an effects loop. When you have tube tone going through 3 sets of cables in one effect loop, you'd better not be using cheap cables from the cup next to the register.
Duck

Bass tones are hard to find.
My Band
Mesa Boogie M-Pulse 360
Madison MAB 4x10
Warwick Thumb BO 5
Quote by anarkee
I use planet waves and monster. And yes I can't hear the difference between a "bass" cable and non bass cable.

I will say monster does uphold their warranty--no questions asked.

I don't think I know anyone who has had to use one.

in case of nuclear fallout, I'm weaving myself a monster cable blanket to protect myself from the resulting Tamzilla.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Cliff note version:

Cat bites cable, cable shorts. Tams brings cable to store, store replaces. Tam pays nothing.
Quote by anarkee
Cliff note version:

Cat bites cable, cable shorts. Tams brings cable to store, store replaces. Tam pays nothing.

wow... Just wow. I knew monster and brands like that protected you, but not to that extent.
Quote by the humanity
I don't think I know anyone who has had to use one.

in case of nuclear fallout, I'm weaving myself a monster cable blanket to protect myself from the resulting Tamzilla.

looooooool xD damm that was funny
Quote by Applehead

Well, I don't know about you, but most of the low end cables near me have neutrik connectors. I picked up a 10 ft cable the other day for $10 and it came with neutrik connectors and sounded no different than my Live Wire one.

Edit: Although, if you're really poor you can buy some CoAx cable and some neutrik connectors and make them your self for about $.50 a ft.