The day after thanksgiving I went to guitar center and bought the epiphone Slash goldtop for $700. I paid half and my parents are paying for the other half as a christmas present.

I usually receive some money for christmas from my relatives. So i'm thinking about buying a new amp seeing as I still have my beginner amp.

I was thinking about either the Blackheart Little Giant or the Blackheart Killer Ant seeing as I will be just playing in my bedroom and don't need much volume.

I mostly play hard rock like Guns n Roses. I would like to keep the budget under $400.

So my question is do you guys think one of these amps will me good for me?
If so which one, if not recommend my something else.

Thanks, Matt
Lol.....Slash wannabe!

Yeah, either Blackheart will work fine, maybe also get an overdrive so you can smooth out the tone even more.

Edit: Looking at your very low amount of posts, every single one of them include the words "Slash, Guns N' Roses, or Bon Jovi."

Stop trying to be exactly like Slash, and be yourself.
Last edited by GNRjungle87 at Dec 7, 2008,
I bought a good mid-range axe a while a go and it soon uncovers the weakness in the amp if you've got a shoddy one!

Dunno whether you've got Blackstar in the US, but their all valve 5w head will power a 4x12 cab or smalled 1x12 should you wish - basically it's versatile in terms of what you put on the end of it even though it's 5w.

Tried it the other day and it was excellent. £219 it can be had for over here, then you just chuck a cab at it.

Top one:

http://www.guitarandampshop.co.uk/acatalog/Blackstar_Lead_Guitar_Amplifiers.html
Ruddy Slash wannabes...
/sarcasm
Congrats on the new guitar!
I agree with M1llerman, the Blackstar 5w head/combo is getting very good reviews over here so might be worth looking into one of them.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by Brokntragedy
lol i hate when people buy signature gear. its screams nooob.

lol i hate when people dont give helpful advice. it screams nooob.

Grow up, no-one asked for your opinion.
He's clearly happy with it, and found a guitar he really likes and it doesn't matter if its a signature guitar or not, he loves it.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
buy a marshall. that's what slash uses.

Proud member of the LGBTQQ group.
if you can shell out a little extra cash go for the marshall dsl 401, it gives a pretty good slash tone.
Gear:

Jackson Mark Morton Dominion
Mesa Dual Rect 2 Channel
Marshall JCM900 1960 cab
Quote by l.a.ibanez123
buy a line six spider 3
theyr ****ing awesome

please for the love of god be joking.

edit, anyways, look into peavey! theyre great
Last edited by espplayer400 at Dec 7, 2008,
Even though I bought the slash guitar, I'm not a slash wannabe. I'm not a "noob". I've played acoustic guitar for over 5 years. I just transferred over to eletric guitar a year ago.
Quote by david9d5
buy a marshall. that's what slash uses.

Specifically, an mg series.
The overdrive is....
Try an Orange!
Blarghuh Highum Doogin

Quote by Td_Nights
Prank calls?

What are you, 10?

Be a man and go take a shit on someone's car.
slash wannabe

yeah get a line 6.....

haha i would look into a vox ad30
SUBSCRIBE!

Gibson SG faded, black hardware/ EMG81-89
peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Avatar 2x12 w/ Hellatone 60/ K100
Behringer FB1010
Quote by GunsnJovi
I've also read enough to know that Spider Line 6 amps are terrible.

Quote by Chrisiphone
lol i hate when people dont give helpful advice. it screams nooob.

Grow up, no-one asked for your opinion.
He's clearly happy with it, and found a guitar he really likes and it doesn't matter if its a signature guitar or not, he loves it.

i gave it even if no one asked for it. if you dont like it, thats too bad.

i didnt see you give any helpful advice here either. so piss off.
Quote by Brokntragedy
i gave it even if no one asked for it. if you dont like it, thats too bad.

i didnt see you give any helpful advice here either. so piss off.

owned.

i would look into a vox AD series, ive already suggested it twice today
SUBSCRIBE!

peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Behringer FB1010
Quote by espplayer400

Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
Quote by GunsnJovi
I've also read enough to know that Spider Line 6 amps are terrible.

holy ****, someone doing research before posting a direct question?

15w should be plenty loud for anything you do.

You getting the combo or the head+cab?

From experience, combo amps are SOOO much easier to handle/move.
Quote by GNRjungle87
Lol.....Slash wannabe!

Yeah, either Blackheart will work fine, maybe also get an overdrive so you can smooth out the tone even more.

Edit: Looking at your very low amount of posts, every single one of them include the words "Slash, Guns N' Roses, or Bon Jovi."

Stop trying to be exactly like Slash, and be yourself.

Oh, the irony!

This is coming from a guy that user name is GNRjungle87, and has a Les Paul? That particular combination just screams Slash wannabe.
Quote by The ZenOfShred
Oh, the irony!

This is coming from a guy that user name is GNRjungle87, and has a Les Paul? That particular combination just screams Slash wannabe.

haaha

TheZenOfShred FTW
SUBSCRIBE!

peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Behringer FB1010
i'll probably get the combo. Would there be any difference between the head/cab and combo?
well head/cab would have more volume obv,

and it would look cooler hands down
SUBSCRIBE!

peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Behringer FB1010
Quote by l.a.ibanez123
buy a line six spider 3
theyr ****ing awesome

There's enough sarcasm in the thread as it is we don't need anymore.

Quote by Brokntragedy
There's nothing wrong with buying signature gear. If you have the money for it and it's what you want then why not. It may not be advised as the best course of action to take financially in the long run allot of the time but there is nothing wrong with it.

Also I guess, judging by your comment, people who buy Ibanez JEM/JS guitars are noobs aswell then are they? Or Carvin Legacy, Peavey JSX, Peavey 5150 amps? Give me a break.

On topic, The Vox AD series as mentioned is a good bet. Crate Palomino V16 if you can find one, maybe a Peavey Windsor studio combo, the head is good but I'm not 100% on the combo, also I've heard good things about the Peavey Vypyr but you may have to stretch your budget a bit for that.
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
Quote by SurfinWithSatch
There's enough sarcasm in the thread as it is we don't need anymore.

There's nothing wrong with buying signature gear. If you have the money for it and it's what you want then why not. It may not be advised as the best course of action to take financially in the long run allot of the time but there is nothing wrong with it.

they arent even as expensive as your assuming they are, he said the slash one was 700$, you could have got an epi les paul custom for less than that and still have a better guitar. its all about them wanting your money. because (no offense to the TS, not putting you in this catagory) they know theres idiots out there that will buy a slash guitar and think that it will make them sound just like slash and all of the sudden become god at guitar.

give me a break.
I'm not a slash wannabe just because I got the slash guitar. I got it because I liked it and it was $300 cheaper. I also know that just because i got a slash guitar dosen't mean i will become a guitar god. i think that is pretty much common sense. I have also played acoustic and classical guitar for over 5 years so I'm not an idiot when it comes to guitars.
Quote by GunsnJovi
I'm not a slash wannabe just because I got the slash guitar. I got it because I liked it and it was $300 cheaper. I also know that just because i got a slash guitar dosen't mean i will become a guitar god. i think that is pretty much common sense. I have also played acoustic and classical guitar for over 5 years so I'm not an idiot when it comes to guitars.

thats why i said i didnt put you in that catagory, haha.
Quote by Brokntragedy
they arent even as expensive as your assuming they are, he said the slash one was 700$, you could have got an epi les paul custom for less than that and still have a better guitar. its all about them wanting your money. because (no offense to the TS, not putting you in this catagory) they know theres idiots out there that will buy a slash guitar and think that it will make them sound just like slash and all of the sudden become god at guitar.

give me a break.

there speople like that and then some people buy guitars for the tone.
i played around with a few guitars to get for christmas and for the price the best guitar i played was the prs se paul allender and im not a fan of black metal at all. and that was compared to most of the se line and a few other guitars. and the slash sig is actualy btetter then the custom.
edit: also ts the blackheart series is good. orange tiny terror will give u slash tone. look for british voiced tube amps to get u that gnr sort of sound.
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
I agree that he could have gotten a similar guitar for cheaper, what I'm saying is that it isn't like he spent $2500 on a Gibson Slash signature. I know about the companys just doing it for the wannabes, the other guitarist in my band is a Slash wannabe (thinks that because Slash uses a Marshall, his MG is awesome.....). But personally I don't see this as a big deal, if people want to spend THEIR money on something they have their heart set on, why not. If anything they'll be better for it, the Slash signature epiphone, like just about anything Zakk Wylde has ever put his name to is a regular piece of equipment with the price increased just because of the name attached to it (though I should mention that the Slash signature has better pups, though you could easily replace the pups in a standard Epi). If people realise this when they buy one for $700 they'll be less inclined to buy a $2500 one.
My point was that the way you said it was as if all signature gear is a menace when that is not the case. However I agree with you that some signature gear is just a money grabbing scheme.
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
and the slash sig is actualy btetter then the custom

the slash is just a standard with different pickups.

my silverburst has way better tone than the slash, but thats just my opinion and im most likely being bias on it, but still, my opinion. whatever, theres no changing other peoples minds on this site. just thought id throw out my 2 cents.
Last edited by Brokntragedy at Dec 7, 2008,
What about a Roland Cube? They have some built in effects, tough as **** and very versatile.
Gear:

• ESP LTD SC 207
  • Washburn X200 PRO E
  • Squier Strat (in bits LOL)
  • Line 6 Toneport ux1
I will look at the roland cube. The reasons why I didn't mention that amp was 1. Alot of people say that tube amps are alot better than solid state and 2. I thought that amp was better for metal.
You should've just got an Epiphone LP Standard.

That way, you would've had more of a budget for a decent amp. You might be able to pick up a Valveking with that budget if you stretch it a little.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
How loud does the killer ant and the little giant get? Which one would be better for bedroom playing?(volume, tone, controls etc.)

Thanks to those who gave useful information. I didn't mean to create this thread so people could criticize my new guitar.
Last edited by GunsnJovi at Dec 7, 2008,
i saw the marshall dsl's mentioned you can find those of ebay for about 500 give or take a hundred or so. and its a tube amp so what the hell
Egnator Rebel~!!!!!
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Quote by Brokntragedy

I hate when people b!tch and are quick to call others noobs especially over something as stupid as owning a signature guitar when they themselves own a Les Paul which is....z0MG!!! NOWAYZ!!! a sig!
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
I'd say go for a Peavey Windsor Studio, or a crate v33 or v18, if you get the v18 you could spend the extra money on a good OD pedal to tighten the overdrive.