Well, I guess it is another one. When I was in 8th grade (3 years ago) I played basketball and broke my left hand pinky. I didn't go to the doc or anything, and it's really bent and makes a cracking noise when I bend it. It doesn't hurt or bother me at all except when I play guitar. The way it bends my pinky is under my ring finger. I've been trying to strengthen it, but I have absolutely no reach with it.

Should I keep using my pinky even though my 3rd finger stretches further?
I use my pinky a lot when I do scales, but it's slow since it bends at a weird angle..
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
Quote by a_man
Go to the doctor?

My dad is a doctor and he said that to fix it they'd have to break it and reallign it.
I don't think it's worth it.

get a new nut, play lefty

doctors r kool

maybe your pinky just sucks cause your not used to using it so much? they really are silly little fingers...so short and lame, unless you know how to use it
Quote by Psalm 150:4
My dad is a doctor and he said that to fix it they'd have to break it and reallign it.

hell I think it's worth it. I sprained my ankle and didn't let it heal. I'm really glad they resprained in and then made me stay off it. I can walk normally now. Except for my knees. Damn track.

Personally if that happened to my hand I'd fix it.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712

*cough*Bullsit*cough*
Use your pinky. You should break it and reset if if you want to be good. That would be a cool story for the pit.

Its worth it
Yeah break it again.

Also how did you not visit the doctor when your dad is a doctor?
Quote by a_man
Yeah break it again.

Also how did you not visit the doctor when your dad is a doctor?

My dad is a foot doctor, so he knows the basic stuff but not lots about fingers. I also kind of didn't tell until after a few weeks.

Well, I guess it is another one. When I was in 8th grade (3 years ago) I played basketball and broke my left hand pinky. I didn't go to the doc or anything, and it's really bent and makes a cracking noise when I bend it. It doesn't hurt or bother me at all except when I play guitar. The way it bends my pinky is under my ring finger. I've been trying to strengthen it, but I have absolutely no reach with it.

Should I keep using my pinky even though my 3rd finger stretches further?
I use my pinky a lot when I do scales, but it's slow since it bends at a weird angle..

break it, realign it. Get it over with and have it fixed for the rest of your life.
My dad is a foot doctor, so he knows the basic stuff but not lots about fingers. I also kind of didn't tell until after a few weeks.

Feet =/= fingers

Get off your butt and fix your pinky. Go see a doctor.
i have the same problem. except im left handed. everytime i extend my pinky back too far it gets caught behind my ring finger, and when brining it forward it kind of pops out of place. i have been playing 5 years and while my pinky has gained strength it still it a bit slow due to this. i guess the re-alignment thing would be the best option. i have learned to play pretty damn fast without it though. also, i am watching a eric johnson concert and i've noticed he rarely usues his pinky for his LEAD work. it is usually curled up and under the guitar neck. what ever you decide to do i hope all goes well!
smash your pinky bones into tiny little bits, then realight them to make tham longer, and put like 6 joints in it, youll be able to play scales with just it,

but seriuosly, I'd reccomend learning to play with out it
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
You broke a finger and didn't go to the doctor? You're not exactly the brightest star in the firmament now, are you? If you want to use it for guitar now, you will have to have it dealt with. Guitar is an instrument that is fairly demanding of the hand, and if you have a gimped finger, that will cause you some trouble.
no
Quote by ShredGod George
smash your pinky bones into tiny little bits, then realight them to make tham longer, and put like 6 joints in it, youll be able to play scales with just it,

but seriuosly, I'd reccomend learning to play with out it

No.

The pinky is an important finger and not using it limits your playing.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
get it fixed and have them make it longer so your hand looks creepy like gilbert's
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
your dad is a doctor, he should know it need to be realign since it dint heal properly and you also need rehab/physical therapy unless his a gynecologists, dermatologists, audiologist ect

blah blah ignor me

Guitar : Fender CIJ Mustang and a Telecaster
Amp : 76 fender champ
Pedals : BBE green screamer, Big muff, Ibanez LU20 Pedal Tuner, boss loop pedal
I have a crooked pinky, and honestly its not THAT intrusive.

It does become bothersome, but i dont think it would be worth it to break it, because then you wouldnt be able to play at all for a while. And it would hurt like hell. Lots of hell.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)