Ok, I have come across a decision. I need to decide whether I want to get a Dimarzio Evolution bridge pickup or a Digitech RP90 Multi effects pedal. The pickup is $80 and the pedal is $90 so they are about the same price. Which should I get? I have heard the evolution is good but then i am limited as to what i can play (wah, phase, flange, delay). I have heard the digitech is poor in quality though.

If you have any other suggestions in mt price range please help. Price range is about $125, I play classic rock, hard rock, 80s heavy metal and when i get better plan on some instrumental rock. Also, if you can give me amp suggestions within my price range at LEAST 25 watts then go ahead but i wont be expecting many good suggestions for that amount of money.
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
digitech multieffects arent that great

what guitar would you be putting the pup into?
edit: oh wow im dumb, i would look into buying maybe a boss me 20 or whatever its called? ther better then the digitech
SUBSCRIBE!

Gibson SG faded, black hardware/ EMG81-89
peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Avatar 2x12 w/ Hellatone 60/ K100
Behringer FB1010
there both kind of pointless for you...the new pup you wont notice much and the multi effects is cheap and sounds like a pos imo. You would be better off just saving that for a new amp or a multi effects that sounds good
yeah, i didnt think of saving your money,

save as much money as you have, even maybe save all your xmas money and buy a nice amp
SUBSCRIBE!

Gibson SG faded, black hardware/ EMG81-89
peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Avatar 2x12 w/ Hellatone 60/ K100
Behringer FB1010
Quote by Shred-Hed
I'd save up and get at least a 60 watt amp

what are you even talking about?
i have a df-7 its pretty cool but i really dont know much about effects get a spider 3 amp from line six theyr bomb
i have a zoom multieffects (that is quite the same thing that that digitech) and i warn you
MULTIEFFECTS WON'T MAKE YOUR TONE BETTER. that being said, i think that for the price it is ok to buy the multief as it will let you use a lot of effects so that you can choose the ones you like, and then get simple pedals with better sound quality.
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
Quote by ilovemySG
digitech multieffects arent that great

what guitar would you be putting the pup into?
edit: oh wow im dumb, i would look into buying maybe a boss me 20 or whatever its called? ther better then the digitech

my Ibanez rg270

Should I get the boss or the pickup then. Thanks for the suggestion but the main question was whether to get a pickup or a pedal.
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
You should get neither, because they'll both sound crap.

You've got a Marshall MG, arguably one of the worst solid state amps on the market. Your other amp is a Fender Frontman, which is no better.

If you change pickups, it'll still sound the same.

If you use any pedals with those amps, the effects will sound crap.

Unhappy with your sound? Change your amp. Until you change your amp, nothing else is going to make a difference.
I've got a solid state Fender amp like yours sitting around somewhere. If I plug my £300 Rally LP copy or my £3200 Gibson Custom Shop into it, they both sound the same. Plug the same guitars into even just a low-watt tube amp, and suddenly they sound very different and both sound much better than they did through the solid state.

Save up money, get yourself at least a semi-decent tube amp. That will vastly improve your sound than either pickups or pedals will.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
You should get neither, because they'll both sound crap.

You've got a Marshall MG, arguably one of the worst solid state amps on the market. Your other amp is a Fender Frontman, which is no better.

If you change pickups, it'll still sound the same.

If you use any pedals with those amps, the effects will sound crap.

Unhappy with your sound? Change your amp. Until you change your amp, nothing else is going to make a difference.
I've got a solid state Fender amp like yours sitting around somewhere. If I plug my £300 Rally LP copy or my £3200 Gibson Custom Shop into it, they both sound the same. Plug the same guitars into even just a low-watt tube amp, and suddenly they sound very different and both sound much better than they did through the solid state.

Save up money, get yourself at least a semi-decent tube amp. That will vastly improve your sound than either pickups or pedals will.

Ok, after yours and many other posts, thats what I was considering doing. But what are some suggstions for amps then that are still pretty cheap. Id prefer a combo amp.

My guitar teacher uses a Line Spider Valve and he says its great, it sounds great too. He suggested that to me saying that its pretty good and the line 6 amps most people dont like are the Spider IIIs. Is he right?
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
ur not gonna sound any better by buying cheap stuff. new pickups wont change ur tone through a ss amp. multi effects are pointless tone killers. and any amp in that range isnt going to make much of a diifernce either. and i dont know why u need a new amp unless ur gonna spend $500 and get a decent tube.
edit: spider vavles arnt really tube i think they just use the same thing vox does with the valvetronix series which arnt tube amps.
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
Or ive heard peavey valvekings were good?
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
Quote by Polystant
Or ive heard peavey valvekings were good?

ehhh there not over the top if ur looking for a cheaper tube amp they work perfect. dont expect them to play metal though.
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
^ They are an ok entry level tube amp, still sound kind of sterile. You are probably going to have to save a bit more money for a good small tube amp. Remember, a 15 watt tube amp will be as loud as a 30 watt SS.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
at your stage, the pedal is the better, pickups affect the sound but the pedal does more for around the same price, details later.
Quote by Polystant
Ok, after yours and many other posts, thats what I was considering doing. But what are some suggstions for amps then that are still pretty cheap. Id prefer a combo amp.

My guitar teacher uses a Line Spider Valve and he says its great, it sounds great too. He suggested that to me saying that its pretty good and the line 6 amps most people dont like are the Spider IIIs. Is he right?
Yes, Line 6 Spider III are awful amps.

The general rule is if it's a solid state amp, it'll sound bad. There were a small number of solid state amps made in the later 80's that cost in the thousands that can sound good, but those aren't exactly a realistic solution for you to just go out and buy off the shelf.

Try looking into low-watt valve combo amps. Fender and Epiphone both make a range of tube amps up to around 15watts that don't cost much more than the average modelling or solid state practise amp. I believe Orange also makes a couple of nice tube combo amps too.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.