I have a choice of either pickups or pedals for christmas, I play classic rock and blues ONLY. I have an epiphone les paul standard and a vox ad30vt. I play 1960s and early 1970 rock btw.
If was you, I would get new pick ups. The vox amp has some effects built into it so pedals might not be that beneficial.
I saw this and I thought to myself pedals! pedals! pedals! but considering the amp you have and mainly the fact that you play blues, I would say pickups, blues players generally dont have many (if any) pedals (except Joe Bonamassa) and generally let the inherent tone of the guitar with a bit of overdrive do the talking.
I know its cliche but I'd go with a Seymour Duncan Jazz/JB combo. Every Les Paul I've tried with them sounded brilliant. IMO they are perfect for your genres and they are extremely versitile if you end up trying new styles.
Last edited by B. Jammin at Dec 7, 2008,
Quote by Cachao
I saw this and I thought to myself pedals! pedals! pedals! but considering the amp you have and mainly the fact that you play blues, I would say pickups, blues players generally dont have many (if any) pedals (except Joe Bonamassa) and generally let the inherent tone of the guitar with a bit of overdrive do the talking.

And Doyle Brahmall. I say pickups.
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)
i say pups as for the setup the Dimarzio Super distortion/ PAF Pro should fit your needs.
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369
Quote by B. Jammin
I know its cliche but I'd go with a Seymour Duncan Jazz/JB combo. Every Les Paul I've tried with them sounded brilliant. IMO they are perfect for your genres and they are extremely versitile if you end up trying new styles.

What this guy says.
modeling amps+pedals=utter noise,
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
Quote by GunsnJovi
If was you, I would get new pick ups. The vox amp has some effects built into it so pedals might not be that beneficial.

For what he is playing you can't get much better than what the guitar comes with stock.

Needs a TS-9 and a wah.

All a man needs