A beer bottle.
Gibson SG Diablo . Fender Cali Series Strat . Modded Epi Firebird . Seagull 25th Anniv. CW
Korg Pitchblack > Vox V847 >
Big Muff π TW >
Boss OC-3 > Memory Boy
Vox AD50VT
My bad...
Gibson SG Diablo . Fender Cali Series Strat . Modded Epi Firebird . Seagull 25th Anniv. CW
Big Muff π TW >
Boss OC-3 > Memory Boy
Vox AD50VT
I mean like an actual slide, that you can buy at a guitar store for the least amount of money!!!!! Not a makeshift one....
My Albums

TALKING LIKE A JERK EXCEPT
YOU ARE AN ACTUAL JERK
AND LIVING PROOF THAT

SOMETIMES FRIENDS ARE MEAN

last.fm
tumblr
None of us are joking! A glass bottle will sound exactly the same as any glass slide you buy out of a store.

Of course, if you want a proper slide that'll sit comfortably around your finger you don't need to worry about brands, etc., they'll all sound the same. The only thing that makes different slides sound different is thickness (to a degree) and material.

So cut a long story short: any old one'll do.
Big Muff π TW >
Boss OC-3 > Memory Boy
Vox AD50VT
Quote by JackWhite333
I mean like an actual slide, that you can buy at a guitar store for the least amount of money!!!!! Not a makeshift one....

What's the difference?

Leo Kottke made glass slides throughout his entire career out of a certain wine bottle.
quality of glass will of course play a role, but to an extent that im not sure you could hear it

they arent spendy, get a couple different materials
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
if you're gonna play the blues, you're not supposed to care what brand of slide you use.
"Bitches ain't shit but hoes and tricks."
- Dr. Dre
try a ceramic slide also. So far I like thicker glass. aside from that make sure it fits. I'm still deciding what that means for me also. Didnt like the duane alman pill bottle slide. The glass was too thin, the bottle lip kept getting in the way and the closed end made it very sweaty.
http://www.moonshineslides.com/
The Moonshine Slide is warmer than glass. Made from a white porcelain body and glazed with cobalt–a round, fluid tone reminiscent of a tube amp is the result! Thats what it says on there website! i have this slide i like it but its very heavy! I know you want a glass slide but have look at these!
Electric Guitars Samick Torino,Jay Turser warlord, Jay turser jt-xg2( thats a double neck) New york pro Strat copy Acoustics Ibanez pf , new york pro and 3 nylons from the 70's
the dunlop one I have sounds pretty good....too bad I can't really play slide that well.
Electric Guitars Samick Torino,Jay Turser warlord, Jay turser jt-xg2( thats a double neck) New york pro Strat copy Acoustics Ibanez pf , new york pro and 3 nylons from the 70's
Why are you worried about how much they cost, mine was like $8.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.