Page 1 of 2
When you first found out how to play a riff did you play it over and over and over and no matter how many times you played it it never got old? I recently found the devil's 3rd and it is just so fun to play .
Sunshine of my love, and Woman.

When I first started IO played those over, and over, and over and over.... well you get the idea.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Knights of Cydonia, ending riff. Amp on 11.

Epic. Today, tomorrow and all days to come. EPIC.
Last edited by ZeGuitarist at Dec 7, 2008,
Quote by floppypick
Sunshine of my love, and Woman.

When I first started IO played those over, and over, and over and over.... well you get the idea.

How bout now? I've been playing for 3 years and I still play some riffs over and over, then try to change them to make more then just the riff.
Pretty much. I play it over and over again til I can play it without looking at the fret board.
Come As You Are.

DunDunDunDanDieDunDieDunDunDunDumDieDumDumDieDum.

i was playing blind by korn for start
that's made for 7 string, but i played it on 6.. good song for start..
Quote by ZeGuitarist
Knights of Cydonia, ending riff. Amp on 11.

EPIC.

******A Console Cowboy****** 1
I play EVERYTHING until I can rock the **** out and sing at the same time.
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
Quote by guitarplayer769
When you first found out how to play a riff did you play it over and over and over and no matter how many times you played it it never got old? I recently found the devil's 3rd and it is just so fun to play .

What exactly is that? They say that Black Sabbath uses it in the song "Black Sabbath" but I don't really know which note it's supposed to be or whatever.
its called a Tri-tone...google it I cant explain it very well. But it was kind of frowned upon using it in old blues and such, because it sounds kind of dark, and dissonant. Anyways, every time I pick up my guitar I play Mr. Brownstone.
Quote by bucktheduck

Call me troll, call me psychopath. In the end, I shall stand above you all as you drown in a pool of sex and filth. It will explode your corrupted bodies, and I will walk above the wreckage as a pure man.

Quote by DieGarbageMan

Haggard13 i are impressed
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
What exactly is that? They say that Black Sabbath uses it in the song "Black Sabbath" but I don't really know which note it's supposed to be or whatever.

G standard powerchord, 5th fret on the D, 4th fret on the A.
it's not the devil's 3rd, it's the devil's 5th. it's the interval of a tritone, an augmented 4th or diminished 5th.
"Bitches ain't shit but hoes and tricks."
- Dr. Dre
Black Dog or Heartbreaker.

Dow, dun dun dun-da-dow, da-na-na-na dun dun-da-dow.
"Let's not be too rough on our own ignorance. I mean, after all, it's the thing that makes America great." - Frank Zappa while on the Arsenio Hall Show

Quote by vintage x metal
On a side note, TS, love the username. I'd kill to be under you.
Quote by Thebridge

Dow, dun dun dun-da-dow, da-na-na-na dun dun-da-da-dow.

Fixed. If it is Heartbreaker.
******A Console Cowboy****** 1
Quote by Thebridge

Dow, dun dun dun-da-dow, dow da-na-na-na dun dun-da-dow.

Now it's fixed.
Any and all the riffs from Dance of Death, especially the intro one, its the first thing i play when i pick up my guitar.
"Woe to You Oh Earth and Sea
for the Devil sends the beast with wrath
because he knows the time is short
Let him who hath understanding
reckon the number of the beast
for it is a human number
its number is six hundred and sixty six."
Jeez. Onomatopoeia nazis in here.

"Let's not be too rough on our own ignorance. I mean, after all, it's the thing that makes America great." - Frank Zappa while on the Arsenio Hall Show

Quote by vintage x metal
On a side note, TS, love the username. I'd kill to be under you.
Seek and Destroy
dunt-dunt-dunt-dunt dunna-nunna
dunt-dunt-dunt-dunt downa-nowna
I don't always post in the threads but when I do its random and pointless because I'm ignorant enough to think you care.
the intro to welcome home - CO&Ca
Quote by emery01

So now there's seven guys writhing around on the floor, moaning and holding their 'nads.

Ahh, good times.

Quote by Son.Of.TheViper

Quote by riffmasterjosh
yeah right ur on. i challenge you to a beard off.
You want a beard, off?

Then shave, stuipid
Mr. Scary
Join cashcrate to make easy money. It may be tedious, but it does indeed work! Easily make $100 in about a week filling out random surveys.
Quote by guitarplayer769
G standard powerchord, 5th fret on the D, 4th fret on the A.

Oh, that one

Sounds like ****.
Black Dog.

I have been a zep fan for a while I guess but I never for some reason learned black dog. I was flipping through guitar world and It had been tabbed out so Im like what the hell. I learned it and it is now my favorite riff of all time.
I crank my amp, turn my strat to the bridge pickup, get that treble Page sound and just rock. I can play that riff over and over.

EDIT: missed the guy before that said black dog or heartbreaker.
Last edited by B4Dkarma at Dec 7, 2008,
First it was Sunshine of Your Love when I first picked up a guitar, so I annoyed the hell out of my parents with that..then I learned Raining Blood by Slayer, and that's still my warmup song. But right now, I'm always playing Iron Maiden's Phantom of the Opera over and over
Buck Rodgers by Feeder was the 1st riff that I ever learnt and I rate bummed it.

My Website

Sometimes I make people spurt:
Quote by nimrod_hahahaha
sigged for making me spurt guiness on my laptop...damn you!

Quote by imdeth

Jimmy that was pure awesomeness. WIN!
Quote by guitarplayer769
How bout now? I've been playing for 3 years and I still play some riffs over and over, then try to change them to make more then just the riff.

Umm...

Paradise city, Night train, Welcome to Buckethead land, and Sweet child of mine.

Oh and I guess I should mention, almost all Led Zeppelin, and a lot of Mettalica's Kill em all stuff.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Quote by grenade24
The intro to Soothsayer by Buckethead.

+1 then u have to stop cuz the solo is too epic for mankind to play
UG's condensed package of adrenaline

i am not liable for anything stated above
▼ but he is ▼
TS, you should listen to the Drapery Falls by Opeth, it's got a riff based on tritones that may well be the heaviest thing you'll ever hear.
Quote by boreamor
I always warm up with the "spider" riff from Master Of Puppets.

Me too.

that and

Intro riff to Wild Side
some sweeping
Too young to fall in love
no one like you

then I jam for a while
Quote by IDread
You know something is wrong when you have to utter the words "I have ganja in my eye" to your mother...

Quote by RIPKurt67-94
Aliens don't exist. I live on Mars, and I can assure you that there is no life here.

I hijacked this!
Quote by ThePastRecedes
Tell that to Tony Iommi.

I'd love to but I'd to many words of admireation to say to him.
Page 1 of 2