I want to try to be a hairstylist,but really have no haircutting skills whatsoever. I plan to apply to beauty school in next year,and I don't wanna look like a complete noob.

Is it possible to practice on mannequins with replaceable wigs? I looked on the internet for wigs, but their like $300! Is there a cheaper way to practice?

Cutting each type of hair is a different skill. But would I have to adjust for a person's facial structure too?
Quote by scarlet20
I want to try to be a hairstylist,but really have no haircutting skills whatsoever. I plan to apply to beauty school in next year,and I don't wanna look like a complete noob.

Is it possible to practice on mannequins with replaceable wigs? I looked on the internet for wigs, but their like $300! Is there a cheaper way to practice?

Cutting each type of hair is a different skill. But would I have to adjust for a person's facial structure too?

Is that not the ENTIRE point of school? If you weren't a noob, you wouldn't really need school, would you?
You're*
Homo.
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
pracice on friends and family, if you **** up you pay for them going to a pro hairdresser, you can try on pets aswell.
Leave him alone. He just wants to make everyone silky smooth.
that reminded me of don't mess with the zohan...
please don't do that again.
"Bitches ain't shit but hoes and tricks."
- Dr. Dre
Quote by scarlet20
Actually I am Homo but what does that have do with anything?

it does seem highly irrelevant doesn't it

well friends and family is the only practice you can get really
Just go to the school ftw everyone will be a n00b.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
RED MILITIA FACTION
Okay, for the serious, I'm actually taking Cosmetology for dual-credit right now, so here's your answers:

- Mannequins are very expensive, no doubt. A way to keep your mannequin's hair lasting longer though, is to only cut off about an inch for each haircut you're going to practice.

- Eventually, yes, you're going to have to adjust for each facial shape on a real person. On your mannequin, however, have fun with it. It doesn't matter what haircut you give it because you're just practicing.

Good luck!