I really like the ProCo Rat model on my RP-350, but would the actual thing be too heavy? I want like a general 80's type gain. Would it be too heavy compared to Digitech's model?

Also alot of brands of pedals I would like try, but the local shops dont carry 'em.

(i.e. TC Chorus, Marshall Jack-Hammer (havent tried it yet, but want to), Fulltone, all the boutique brands, etc.)

And then on amps all we have are Marshall, Fender, Mesa, Kustom (and even then just SS), Line 6 (yuck), Roland Cubes (tolerable), just the mainstay brands.

One shop just started getting Orange, Blackheart (only the 5W's), Bugera (good amps, but super expensive). No Laney's or Hi-Watt, or Traynor's, or Randall's, no boutique brands like that.

Why dont the shops carry more brands?
::Support Our Troops::

To all the men and women in uniform, thank you for serving our country.
We love you. God Bless.
Bugeras are expensive? Since when?

Also, the rat is eighties in a box, it'll do your hard rock tones all the way up to thrashy metallica type stuff.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Well, Bugeras are like $1200. I wouldn't pay over $900 for an amp, and then it would have to be the holy grail. But that's just me.

Also, I want 80's overdriven pop (Bowie, G'n'R, Bon Jovi, etc.). Not 80's shred, or metal (yuk).

We love you. God Bless.
Eh, I dunno, try it?

You're gonna have to spend a lot more than a 1000 to find the holy grail. Hell, you'll probably have to have 2 or 3 amps that are 2000+ if you want the grail, unless you're goolz and will be satisfied with one amp.
Quote by Kevin Saale
Eh, I dunno, try it?

You're gonna have to spend a lot more than a 1000 to find the holy grail. Hell, you'll probably have to have 2 or 3 amps that are 2000+ if you want the grail, unless you're goolz and will be satisfied with one amp.

goolz? explain please.

We love you. God Bless.
Quote by neptune1988
goolz? explain please.

Imgooley, a member on this forum.
Quote by neptune1988
goolz? explain please.

periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
The Rat is a really good pedal. The vintage ones are much better though. They can get this nice fuzz tone but still have enough clarity for chords. My guitar teacher has a vintage one for those who will ask.
Quote by Wilma Fingerdo
Regret is a waste of time, coulda, woulda shoulda. Don't bother with it, and so what if you didn't nail her. Hump one of her friends and you'll feel much better.
Quote by castellorizon
The Rat is a really good pedal. The vintage ones are much better though. They can get this nice fuzz tone but still have enough clarity for chords. My guitar teacher has a vintage one for those who will ask.

I like the Rat that's out now, haven't played a vintage one.

Rat's are more fuzzy, though, and not really GN'r or Bon Jovi like.
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2
Omega Amps Hot Rod Deluxe (Dumble mod)
Clean/Drive/More Drive footswitch
Mid boost/Preamp boost footswitch

myspace.com/rosscooperband
^ not true. they're crunchy/a little bit trebley. good 80's rock tone.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
Quote by Kevin Saale
Imgooley, a member on this forum.

Goolz makes that V33 sound good thought...
Sorry, forgot to put "IMO"
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2
Omega Amps Hot Rod Deluxe (Dumble mod)
Clean/Drive/More Drive footswitch
Mid boost/Preamp boost footswitch

myspace.com/rosscooperband