I've been playing for about 6 months and I can play all of the beginner and intermediate tabs that I try, and can do some advanced ones. I pretty good at galloped picking and pinch harmonics, and I can play some faster stuff too. By that I mean solos from stuff like Bat Country and Critical Acclaim(I like A7X alot ) I was just wondering.
your doing GREAT, but you still suck

suck so great that you need to double the practice even

i dinked around for the first 2 or so years of my playing, so if you are serious now stay serious
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
I can also play s few songs by Dream Theater, and those are generally difficult, but not the solos, but that would be cool. I mean really cool. But anyways, thanks for the answers, don't flame on this or whatever.
Thanks, I think. LOL. I don't think I 'm all thatm but I know alot of people at the scool I go to and some of them have been playing for ALOT longer than me and I'm way better than them.
I think you're doing pretty damn well, just make sure your playing is clean and keep on pushing yourself to be better and better, don't ever just get stuck in a "comfort zone".
Quote by Aussie_skater
everyone listen to PLOP he knows the way of the forum samurai

Quote by Seth Shadows
^PLOP = Best, username, ever.

REVOCATION FTW! 9/9/9
good job your doing well

My names Trevor and I hate to say it, but I have a very small penis.
Quote by i-love-aimee
good job your doing well

you're*

--------------------------

I'd work on branching out on your styles as well. It's always nice to be widely experienced.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
I can't tell you if you're good or bad until I hear how well you play all of that stuff. If you play it cleanly, with perfect timing, and with a flare for nuance, then you're doing really great.
for 6 months, those songs are a nice challenge, but i bet you aren't playing them as well as you think you are

Q#m
e|--6--|
B|--5--|
G|--7--|
D|--7--|x2586
A|--5--|
E|-----|

Play until she breaks up with you.

The most brutal band to ever exist is...

You should go like them...even if you don't like them.

-Sloppyjoe24
Quote by sloppyjoe24
for 6 months, those songs are a nice challenge, but i bet you aren't playing them as well as you think you are

+1

I took videos of my playing from when I'd been playing 8 months and compared them to three years. Same song with the same style. But infinitely cleaner, smoother and more confident.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Quote by sloppyjoe24

+2

After playing for 6 months I thought I could playing Surfing With The Alien by Joe Satriani and recorded it........................I was wrong lets just say that.

Noone is trying to bring you down or anything but don't just learn something then say "ok I can play that......next please" because allot of the time you MAY be missing out on something big that you don't even realise. For instance take a simple song that is mainly chords that you can play cleanly and learn to play it blind folded so that you aren't just looking to see if you are hitting the numbers the tabs say to hit. Listen to how you are actually playing it, are you really playing it cleanly? Try to think of it as if it is someone else playing and you were watching/listening to them play, what would you think? Also when you learn a song try learning it in different ways, by this I mean like learn to play a song that has power chords, with open chords. Instead of playing that part of that solo on that string, learn it on other strings, improvise with it, throw a divebomb in, hold that note a little longer, whatever. If you start doing this and it sounds good to your ears you won't need us to tell you if you're improving, you already will be improving.
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
Quote by drCoSmO1
(I like A7X alot)
Nope you suck I always wonder why the X means fold. I mean if you got an origami kit and it told you to X the paper you'd be like what the ****.
*PROFILE NOT IN USE*
Last edited by mightmuffin at Dec 7, 2008,
Quote by mightmuffin
Nope you suck I always wonder why the X means fold. I mean if you got an origami kit and it told you to X the paper you'd be like what the ****.

Would sig that last part, but alas, no room.
Quote by Aussie_skater
everyone listen to PLOP he knows the way of the forum samurai

Quote by Seth Shadows
^PLOP = Best, username, ever.

REVOCATION FTW! 9/9/9
well your sure as hell doing a lot better than me lol and ive been playing twice as long as you

i suck at soloing
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by mightmuffin

I always wondered why everyone thought the X meant fold... 7X = Seven Times = Sevenfold

Also, playing Avenged Sevenfold doesn't make you any good, it makes you really ****ing annoying and egotistical..
Quote by drCoSmO1
I can also play s few songs by Dream Theater, and those are generally difficult, but not the solos, but that would be cool. I mean really cool. But anyways, thanks for the answers, don't flame on this or whatever.

Here is the question, can you play anything you wrote?
Can you make it up as you go along?

If I got a drummer and a bassist and they came up with a beat could you give me a melody?

Can you improv? Can you teach someone else guitar.

There is a BIG difference between playing the guitar and knowing how to play the guitar.
Quote by slorggetti
I always wondered why everyone thought the X meant fold... 7X = Seven Times = Sevenfold

Also, playing Avenged Sevenfold doesn't make you any good, it makes you really ****ing annoying and egotistical..

thats not nice, go away nov 08er!
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by David_Bowie=GOD

Don't discount people because of their post date. Just because you have been rotting your ass longer doesn't make you any more special

the 2k5er has spoken.
Quote by David_Bowie=GOD
I try to stay away, but this place has too much useful information...
Quote by Schecter1277
Don't discount people because of their post date. Just because you have been rotting your ass longer doesn't make you any more special

the 2k5er has spoken.

i know it doesn't, i just didn't like what he said.
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^