Guys one of my mates' got a Little marshal amp (15 watt I guess it's practice amp) and it had a feedback button which did idk what
I could get a cool guitar feedback but havent tried do the same without the button turned on…
But hmm also we've been playing all the volume cranked up so may b that's how I got the feedback (in usual way) but not from the button O_o

Idiot question I know… but please anybody tell me what did the button do… is there any other way for getting feedback from an amp without cranking the vol to max, and using Ebows and so…

Thanx in advance
A button that switches to the distortion channel? You can get feedback with a decent amount of gain if you stand right next to an amp.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
What kind of amp was it? I'm guessing it was an MG. It has some weird switch on it, yes. But it's not a feedback switch. It does something else, but I dont't know what.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
If it's an MG you're talking about the FDD switch, which stands for Frequency Dependent Dampening. What it does is cause the speaker to interact with the amp as if it were tube. It gives a warmer sound with a bit more oomph, not feedback.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
You're looking for a Boss DF-2 (Super Distortion / Feedbacker, the older ones are called the Super Feedbacker / Distortion).

A DS-1 distortion circuit when you click the pedal, but when you hold it down it gives you feedback on the note you're holding. Highly sought after/expensive, but Behringer makes a half decent clone.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
This thread is relevant to my interests also, as I'm obsessed with getting amps to feedback.

Behringer make a clone of the DF-2? Hmmm....
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
haevnt found the DF of boss on GC

hmm well feedback is when the sound coming out of yr amp vibrates yr strings...
but eh somes say you odn need to stand in front of amp but it gotta have max vol and gain
hmm i was getting feedback without standing in front of amp last time i cranked my vol up
hmm but havent experimented it yet

i gues i'ma got ramble a bit in net find out more info and than write a tutorial-ish stuff up here
i used to have a boss df-2. nasty thing...

a suggestion for feedback -

get a crappy 10 watt amp. turn it up full, with a booster in front of it. if you're playing live, mic it up. have your normal amp set up as well, and use an a/b/y pedal to select feedback when needed. classic studio trick that works live!
Lol you want feedback.. You should hear the feeback from a 120 watt amp with the gain on the amp turned up, 4 od's turned on at once, noise gate off and playing a foot from a 4x12 cab... I was bored what can I say
TS needs to learn grammar and spelling before my head explodes from trying to perceive what he's trying to say.

that Boss feedbacker pedal sounds pretty interesting though, i'm going to have to look them up.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Meh, they're not all that great - doesn't really sound like feedback at all, it's more a synthy, sustained type of noies, sounds way too contrived to pass for feedback.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
The FDD switch? Basically a switch in the MGs which makes the guitar sound a bit more dynamic and generally better, it should be hardwired into the MGs. Im not sure of the technicals but i do remember it giving a bit of a gain boost.

From what i know feedback comes from strings vibrating continuosly. The best way to do it is crank your bass and your amp and stand in front of the amp, strum a note, and the sound of the note itself vibrates the strings and causes feedback. Theres probably more convieniant ways of doing it but thats what i know. Ridiculous amounts of gain give feedback, but its a more unpleasent feedback.
Quote by steven seagull
Meh, they're not all that great - doesn't really sound like feedback at all, it's more a synthy, sustained type of noies, sounds way too contrived to pass for feedback.

I agree, after seeing a video of it on youtube I was seriously let down after all the good things I heard about the pedal.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
The Boss DF-2 isn't that hot, imo. The feedback sounds alright, but it's more of a gimmicky "Hey hey heeey!" thing than a functional feedback.
no