as preperation for gigging the band have been talking about getting some new equipment to gig with to get the sound were all after, new guitars, amps, pedals, full bit. unfortunately we're all a little strapped for cash. despite this, the other guitarist is likely to end up with a jvm 410 (i think - i dont find amps interesting so i dont pay much attention)

to be honest though, im quite happy with the sound from my current peavey bandit 112, so i was thinking i might just get another one and kind of run my guitar through both, so then i dont have to drive it so hard that the sound is clipped, but i can still have it loud enough to fill the place.

1 - is it do able to send my guitar through both?
2 - is there any point monetary wise or am i not actually saving any money by doing this
Personally, that sounds like an awful idea, just get a new amp.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
If thats what you want to do, check if theres an extension cabinet input on your amp, its kinda silly to use two amps for that reason (one for cleans, one for distortion or fuzz or something, thats one thing, this is another).
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
If your other guitarist is getting a JVM, there is no way in hell you are going to be able to keep up with a peavey bandit.

Answer the blue questions in my sig and we can start helping you find a new amp.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by Kevin Saale
Personally, that sounds like an awful idea, just get a new amp.

Once again Mr. Saale said what I intended to say before I managed to. Listen to him, get the tube amp, you'll be much happier. I thought I liked my solid-state tone until I tried a tube amp, specifically the tube amp I now own.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
I'd go for a tube amp. The bandit is a good practice amp if you use it for practice. But if you plan on gigging and band practice a tube amp will be better in the long run.

You could run two bandits together with an A/B box though.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
i have a Peavey Bandit 112 & i would of thought it would be fine for gigging

althought, i would love to get a tube amp, because i just know it would be better ^_^
i thought maybe it'd be a good idea because i like the sound of my amp when its not driven too hard, and i figured if i had 2 then to get the same volume i wouldn't have to drive them the same, and so i could stay in the sweet spot

neway - i'll play it your way - i trust you more than myself when it comes to amps

budget - probably about 250 to 300,
current gear - various guitars, brian may replica, jackson rr3, jackson ke3 (in parts) fender mim strat, crap les paul knock off, squier showmaster, peavey bandit for loud things, roland micro for home use, no pedals,
music styles - 80's rock/ blues (aerosmith, acdc, guns, motley crue, etc) but the sound for the band is different - more overdriven
location - northern england
no
Peavey Valveking?
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
you sound like an acoustic player really.

It is something you have to hear. The difference between SS and tube. I mean, I even run my home audio system with a tube preamp in front of it. Get out and play some different amps. Youtube videos don't do tube amps justice at all. Go hear it with your own ears. You live by a guitar shop?
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
I am going to assume the 250-300 is in GBP?

Laneys would be a good place to start. Maybe the VC30, or if you can find one the Pro-Tube AOR. Though the latter would probably be used. Um...a Sovtek Mig 50 would be great also...but I think I am recommending them because I kinda want one. That would also be used....Basically a British mid-gain voiced amp.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by Artemis Entreri
you sound like an acoustic player really.

It is something you have to hear. The difference between SS and tube. I mean, I even run my home audio system with a tube preamp in front of it. Get out and play some different amps. Youtube videos don't do tube amps justice at all. Go hear it with your own ears. You live by a guitar shop?

nah - i dont like the sound of acoustics, i like amplified guitars its just i see amplifiers themselves as overly complicated - i liked the epiphone valve junior - the 1 input, 1 volume control thing. thats my type of amp! just plug in and play.

i know what you mean about utube vids tho - 3 quid microphone trying the capture the full sound spectrum of a 3000 pound rig? not gonna happen

i live near to a few guitar shops - i have a dawsons 10 minutes away. altho if a tube sounds best overdriven then how are you meant to try it in a shop? just out of curiosity
Last edited by CobenBlack at Dec 7, 2008,