Alright, thought this would be a good idea for people to ask questions (if they have any) about songs that they like to cover

I also made this cause i kinda have a problem with a song my band is trying to cover.

Drink beer, smoke pot - Dayglo Abortions.

on the recorded version it sounds like the guitar is strumming chords, but live it looks like he just strums the E5, and just plays the root notes (apregio's?) for the rest of the chords?

what to do?
This is actually a pretty good thread idea. Would cut down on a lot of spam. Cool.
I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
My band wants to cover ''Ruby Soho'' by Rancid but we don't want to look like a bunch of washed-up wannabe gangstas with bad diction and overrated bass playing doing it.

What should we do?
Play something by another band!
I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
Swap-Meet, play it whichever way you prefer. But people are probably more familiar with the album version.

Brian, give up hope. Your goal is impossible to acheive.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
My band wants to cover ''Ruby Soho'' by Rancid but we don't want to look like a bunch of washed-up wannabe gangstas with bad diction and overrated bass playing doing it.

What should we do?

That reminds of the time I saw four 12-year-olds cover that song. I was ashamed to ever have listened to Rancid.